£5 million in sales - huge milestone reached by DomainLore

Well done Denys! I bet more far more .uk domain money has changed hands on DL than Sedo in the last 5 or 10 years.

As a matter of interest, how many sales have there been to amount to the £5m? I see the gems_id is in the 40000s now, but many of them don't actually result in a sale so I guess that's number of submissions.

Congratulations!

Five million also happens to be the number of members Acorn has lost...

I've always been intrigued by the DomainLore name @dn. Was it a mystical place where knowledge on a subject or held by a particular group was exchanged before it became an auction site?

I've always been intrigued by the DomainLore name @dn. Was it a mystical place where knowledge on a subject or held by a particular group was exchanged before it became an auction site?
I think it was originally called DomainLord but could be wrong

Yes it was. IIRC the website was originally Domainlord.co.uk, the name being a kind of play on Landlord. Then some people on AD moaned that they didn't like the connotation of "lord" being in the name. Hence Domainlore came into existence, chosen because e comes after d! Now don't get any daft ideas about registering domainlorf.co.uk because after £5m in sales I think we can say Domainlore is well established. But given all the shenanigans that have happened with AD, Nominet and the various clowns in the domain game, domainlaugh.co.uk could be a good idea to report on all these crazy stories!

Last edited:
Back