AGM today

AGM Process

1) Ask a question
2) Get a useless answer
3) Nominet do what they want anyway
Similar to Nationwide, but atleast Nationwide give me money every few months recently.

Nominet should consider the same

• Haha
Reactions: ben
AGM not well attended by members in-person - 6 plus board and 9 other Nominet staff either watching or running the stream/tech by my count. No idea of online numbers.

Took me a while to handle all the proxy forms outside the room for a bit - thank you to all the members who trusted me to cast their votes ( and the one who did so without telling me !)

Nothing particularly contraversial on the resolutions, although am keen to see the for/against ratio #3 of those.

It did have some post-AGM time to network with Nominet people - time spent with NWS is never wasted IME.

Lots of over nibbles discussion about what registry/registrar/domain/hosting mmetings and conferences and so on do or dont provide ( and when in the year they are ) as well as feedback being sought on past Nominet registrar days and socials.

The night-before uk domain people curry alone was worth the trip for me - some deep, funny, provoking and unusual chat amongst a small bunch with varied backgrounds and interests.

A very generous domain registrar gifted me my meal which offset the travel costs, but I would have gone irrespective of that.

Back