Breaking news from DNJ!!!!

I've got Nigerian on Dualingo on my phone so I can have a go at that sweet ass of my cleaner.

I might swap it over to German so I can attempt to watch this complete car crash. I think I might enjoy that more.

There's still a couple of months to go, but I think I can safely predict that Ron Jackson won't be winning any awards for investigative journalism this year.

The most cursory investigation would have revealed that Acorn is a pale shadow of its former self, and that much of the decline has happened on Helmuts' watch.

Had he dug a little deeper he would have found the reason in threads such as the Sermon on the Park, the Deep Joshi Fiasco and Helmuts' Mea Culpa, all of which are still there for the world to see.

But he either couldn't be bothered to look, or he didn't think any of this was worth reporting in a publication that describes itself as "the domain industry news magazine".

As for "We plan to revive the forum by migrating it from vBulletin to Xenforo", it would have taken him about 30 seconds to discover that ConsultDomain.de was already on XenForo when it reappeared on 9 October:

http://web.archive.org/web/20241009185941/https://www.consultdomain.de/

So keep up the good work Ron, but please don't call it journalism.

I wish DNJournal was impartial on its journalism. It would be nice to read an impartial view, and not one that has been paid for (presumptively).

As for "We plan to revive the forum by migrating it from vBulletin to Xenforo", it would have taken him about 30 seconds to discover that ConsultDomain.de was already on XenForo when it reappeared on 9 October:

That's really awkward and really just shows how little any of these people know.

Unfortunately for me, the credibility of the DNJ is quickly disappearing down the poop pot :(

Like domainlore.uk, I considered DNJ an industry institution, however, domainlore.uk now remains unique in my opinion on its own with my recognition. I would never have thought a mouldy mushroom and a goofball could do so much damage in so little time to a once respected global authority within this small and exclusive industry of ours.

Unfortunately for me, the credibility of the DNJ is quickly disappearing down the poop pot :(

Like domainlore.uk, I considered DNJ an industry institution, however, domainlore.uk now remains unique in my opinion on its own with my recognition. I would never have thought a mouldy mushroom and a goofball could do so much damage in so little time to a once respected global authority within this small and exclusive industry of ours.
Same, I thought it was an unbiased source but it’s shite.

For what it’s worth I’ve never considered DNJ to be serious investigative journalism, and I recall when the site was launched over twenty years ago. The site hasn’t changed much. His business is writing upbeat domain name related content in his particular style, rarely if ever reporting on anything negative that I recall. Take it with a large pinch of salt.

Investigating anything costs time and therefore costs money. He’d gain nothing financially from putting someone in the industry down such as Meskonis.
Same, I thought it was an unbiased source but it’s shite.

Reactions: Lee
I only read DNJournal on occasion when something big happens, but it has mostly come across as unbiased. Especially as I am usually reading about Nominet stuff. Maybe I jut haven't cared enough to notice until now. This article is largely ridiculous. Someone linked the current DE forum for domains the other night, and I went and translated it all to English. Everyone is just saying how nobody is going to use it, and they are right. They even joked about scraping a copy of it.

Screenshot 2024-10-15 at 19.49.55.png

Not DNJ worthy, in my opinion, so must have been paid handsomely. Helmuts has passed this off as a chance opportunity, "probably" going to be announced in DNJ. How could this be any more obvious? lol.

Screenshot 2024-10-15 at 19.52.21.png

DNJ is laced with advertising
I only read DNJournal on occasion when something big happens, but it has mostly come across as unbiased. Especially as I am usually reading about Nominet stuff. Maybe I jut haven't cared enough to notice until now. This article is largely ridiculous. Someone linked the current DE forum for domains the other night, and I went and translated it all to English. Everyone is just saying how nobody is going to use it, and they are right. They even joked about scraping a copy of it.

View attachment 250

Not DNJ worthy, in my opinion, so must have been paid handsomely. Helmuts has passed this off as a chance opportunity, "probably" going to be announced in DNJ. How could this be any more obvious? lol.

View attachment 251
I can’t recall any occasion where I have ever read RJ of DNJ say he has contacted an opposing party to obtain a counter opinion, because RJ’s his writing isn’t investigative. His articles usually read like press releases.

Doesn’t it strike you about how many banner advertisements there are on DNJ? That’s an income source. These advertisers must know what style of article they’re advertising next to. A piece of hard hitting and investigative journalism won’t perpetuate the vibe he must want DNJ to exude.

It’s often the case that when we know more than the journalist reporting the story, as we do in this instance, only then do we realise how much nonsense gets pushed out as news all the time.

Reactions: ben
It’s often the case that when we know more than the journalist reporting the story, as we do in this instance, only then do we realise how much nonsense gets pushed out as news all the time.
Makes the most sense when you put it like that.

His articles usually read like press releases

Been like that for a long while. There must be a price tag for publishing these press releases, written with their own preferred wording and minimal editorial.

Yeah, those posts showing off what people are up to always had an "this is an ad" vibe to them.

Mainly cause they were so arse-licking in nature.

• Haha
It's just a PR platform for small players in the domain industry. Look, no mention on the site of the 2021 Nominet leadership coup, by far the most newsworthy event this side of the pond since RoR. domainincite.com reported it, as did the Register which is not even exclusively domain name focused.

Last edited:
It's just a PR platform for small players in the domain industry. Look, no mention on the site of the 2021 Nominet leadership coup, by far the most newsworthy event this side of the pond since RoR. domainincite.com reported it, as did the Register which is not even exclusively domain name focused.
Oh shit, that's what has happened. I'm thinking about The Register ha. DNJournal is not even remotely what I'm thinking about. All makes total sense now.

DNJ = Piece of shit.
The Register = News.

Gotcha.

Back