Bumping of Sales Threads - thoughts?

DJ

Reaction score
Trophy points
I was going to ask @dn privately about this, but I know he is keen to have a community based forum, so I am sure he would like
a general consensus of opinions on it.

My personal view is that bumping shouldn't be allowed, as bumping your own post to get it to the top just encourages others to bump and your post
ends up in the same position anyway, and the end result is just a cluttered forum. I hate bumping, if somebody wants the domain they will find it or
notice it without the constant bumps.

So effectively if nobody bumps, then in theory, there shouldn't be a need for it and you end up with a tidier forum. We also have the option of a live auction tab, like we had at UKDNF.

What are everyone's opinions?

I liked the live auction tab too and I agree, no bumping.

I don't have a problem with someone bumping once say a couple of hours before end of an auction.

Its the repeated bumps daily and sometimes more that gets on my you know whats!

Cheers!

Bumping should add value to the conversation.
I don't mind reminder bumps on auction threads, a day before it closes and then a second on the day it is closing.
No "bump" bumping on sales threads

I don't have issues with "Google are launching a service with the same name." or "I'll throw the .it.com version of the domain in too" these add to the thread/potential sale.

Bumping should add value to the conversation.
I don't mind reminder bumps on auction threads, a day before it closes and then a second on the day it is closing.
No "bump" bumping on sales threads

I don't have issues with "Google are launching a service with the same name." or "I'll throw the .it.com version of the domain in too" these add to the thread/potential sale.

Agreed. Don't have a problem with this kind of bumping.

Back