First ever domain date?

Just found invoice for what I think was my first ever domain, registered in August 1999. One .co.uk name, £79 via nicnames!
Still got it?

Yes - one of personal ones. Oddly enough route into domaining wasnt far off when I wanted a better one... and someone else nabbed it when it dropped and I wondered how. The rest is history!

I kick myself daily when I think about the domain opportunities I missed out on. I was on the net starting 2007, after having leading a very 90's childhood which I'm thankful for. However, once on the internet the only thing I could think about was absorbing as much information as possible. It wasn't until a very late 2016 when I started to think about business opportunities online.

December 25th 2000! Was a .com for the very first business I started and I built a basic website on Yahoo Geocities!

Why I ordered it on Xmas day I don't know? Maybe to get away from the once a year visitors? :ROFLMAO:

I kick myself daily when I think about the domain opportunities I missed out on. I was on the net starting 2007, after having leading a very 90's childhood which I'm thankful for. However, once on the internet the only thing I could think about was absorbing as much information as possible. It wasn't until a very late 2016 when I started to think about business opportunities online.
Same sort of thing here!

Back in 2003 & 2004 lots of great names got dropped and I picked up quite a few. Unfortunately, several people close to me said I was wasting my money and I needed to be careful. They did have my best interests to be fair but they didn't really understand the business!

Because of this I limited how many I snapped up!

At the time I was still a teenager and it taught me a valuable lesson. Don't listen to others! If I had gone with my gut feeling I could have been a lot better off than I am today!

Reactions: ben
Same sort of thing here!

Back in 2003 & 2004 lots of great names got dropped and I picked up quite a few. Unfortunately, several people close to me said I was wasting my money and I needed to be careful. They did have my best interests to be fair but they didn't really understand the business!

Because of this I limited how many I snapped up!

At the time I was still a teenager and it taught me a valuable lesson. Don't listen to others! If I had gone with my gut feeling I could have been a lot better off than I am today!

Same with Bitcoin. I have a receipt somewhere for about £50 of Bitcoin in 2011 that I used to buy a logo online for a gaming forum I was making. I don't wanna talk about it.

Reactions: Lee
Same with Bitcoin. I have a receipt somewhere for about £50 of Bitcoin in 2011 that I used to buy a logo online for a gaming forum I was making. I don't wanna talk about it.
Ouch! :eek:

There is some Indian bloke out there now who is living on a yacht somewhere. Purportedly, he took all his payments in BTC, he would not accept it any other way. I thought it was a piss take.

Back