Grene dots or grey

Lol. You run the risk of getting banned for saying it makes no difference to you if Helmuts pushes on with AD or not! This update seems a rather pointless idea though. Given that hardly anyone is using the forum now, 99.99% of the AD members will have no green dot. Mind you, will anyone notice?

An interesting discussion on AD, but feels like just flogging a dead horse to me...

"Grene dots"? Was that a typo, or are you suggesting that Acorn has gangrene?

Personally I think Acorn's new green circles are overkill, and the red circles serve no purpose and are just distracting. The green dots used here on 4m (and previously on Acorn) do the job perfectly. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

I'm surprised he's drawing attention to people that are offline. Maybe he could make it green if someone visited in the last year and get rid of the red.

• Haha
Reactions: ben
Has Helmuts employed “admin” with real money and has instructed them to do literally anything to look busy? I can’t think of anything remotely less important for AD right now than this “feature”. The feature which is realistically already built into XF, and doesn’t really need fucking about with.

I see they've done away with the green and red circles and reverted to green dots - but at the time of writing the thread linked to by @philiporchard hasn't been updated to explain why.

I see they've done away with the green and red circles and reverted to green dots - but at the time of writing the thread linked to by @philiporchard hasn't been updated to explain why.
Hopefully, because they saw my post about it being completely useless. Better focusing that same energy in finding the spark on the community again.

Hopefully, because they saw my post about it being completely useless. Better focusing that same energy in finding the spark on the community again.
I'm sure Helmuts pays close attention to your advice @ben, but on this occasion I think it's more likely to have been the advice of this "MapleDots" guy, who runs DN.ca and seems to have taken Helmuts under his wing.

God knows, someone needed to!

• Haha
Reactions: ben
I'm sure Helmuts pays close attention to your advice @ben, but on this occasion I think it's more likely to have been the advice of this "MapleDots" guy, who runs DN.ca and seems to have taken Helmuts under his wing.

God knows, someone needed to!
You're probably right, he does seem to be dishing out some helpful advice.

Back