How fast is your internet?

Lee

Reaction score
Trophy points
My house is in the middle of rural country meaning fast fibre is not available! Thankfully, we have a big radio mast in the distance and on that is phone coverage for all the mobile networks. I use a couple of networks to get our internet using 4G.

Feel free to make me jealous by posting your speed below. Lets see who has the fastest, here is mine....

4m-speed-test.png

IMG_C790CF2A22D2-1.jpeg

Pretty fast. This is wifi, when I am wired in it's hovering 1gbps.

My house is in the middle of rural country meaning fast fibre is not available!

I'm really rural too, a small village (population 400) in mid-Wales with nearest neighbour half a mile away...

broadband 854 mbps.jpg

I'm really rural too, a small village (population 400) in mid-Wales with nearest neighbour half a mile away...

View attachment 91
Nice speed!

Hopefully we get an upgrade here in the near future but I think it will be years away!

I checked again last week and was told 512mb to 1mbps max is the best speed we would get.

But 4G is working well here and quick enough to be honest.

Nice speed!

Hopefully we get an upgrade here in the near future but I think it will be years away!

I checked again last week and was told 512mb to 1mbps max is the best speed we would get.

I live around a mile away from the village proper; it took 2 years from when the green fibre cabinet first appeared in the village (and the Openreach online checker said fibre was on its way) to them actually being able to connect FTTP to my home. A frustrating wait but worth it in the end. (y)

I had pre-ordered Starlink's 90 Mbps service but they had delays for when they could supply the kit and fortunately for me Openreach got in first with their ostensibly 900 Mbps offering. :)

I live around a mile away from the village proper; it took 2 years from when the green fibre cabinet first appeared in the village (and the Openreach online checker said fibre was on its way) to them actually being able to connect FTTP to my home. A frustrating wait but worth it in the end. (y)

I had pre-ordered Starlink's 90 Mbps service but they had delays for when they could supply the kit and fortunately for me Openreach got in first with their ostensibly 900 Mbps offering. :)
Another business gap where money is made. YouFibre and things bridged the gap between where the mainstream companies didn’t want to go, they never wanted to bring fibre to rural England, but the smaller companies have capitalised on that gap. A friend of mine runs his own telecoms company now installing all the fibre in Berwick at the moment, he’s probably on his way to being a millionaire, and only been going 4 years.

Back