I don't outbound, do you, and should I?

DJ

Reaction score
Trophy points
I don't engage in outbound marketing for the following reasons:

1. Lack of time.
2. Can't be arsed.
3. I believe it weakens your negotiating position.
4. Can't be arsed.
5. Effort versus reward.
6. Oh and, Can't be arsed.

Seriously though, the main reason I haven't pursued this is that I truly believe approaching a company makes you appear desperate or overly eager to
sell. This perception can be used to their advantage during negotiations. It's similar to the property market: buyers or renters are likely to make lower
offers if you chase them, rather than if they are the ones pursuing you. That and I presume the success rate is probably lower than 1%.

I am interested to hear other members' thoughts and opinions on this. Am I wrong?

I have tried it several times over the years and not managed to make a success of it.

Plus it is a lot of work digging up all the contact information to outbound; that time could be better spend on other things.

The sales price for outbound is a lot lower than when the prospect comes to you.

Finally, even with carefully targeted emails you do end up getting a huge amount of abusive email responses.

I have tried it several times over the years and not managed to make a success of it.

Plus it is a lot of work digging up all the contact information to outbound; that time could be better spend on other things.

The sales price for outbound is a lot lower than when the prospect comes to you.

Finally, even with carefully targeted emails you do end up getting a huge amount of abusive email responses.

Agree, sorry no agree emoji yet!

Don't do it...... Keep your powder dry

I've tried outbounding with zero success. But I'll keep trying because businesses are generally unaware of the domain aftermarket and are unlikely to come looking.

Domains in my portfolio are gathering dust when I know there are ideal end users out there, so a prod in the right direction is a proactive thing to do. I just need to get better at it!

Last edited:
Reactions: ben
Made the majority of my income from outbound sales. AMA
Could you share your process and email wording? I'll show you mine if you show me yours πŸ˜‰

I did a bit about it on A-gone a while back, I’ll DM you the link so they don’t get any free SEO from 4m πŸ˜‚

Back