Interview with a Domainer

Would you be interested to read article based interviews about fellow UK domainers?

• Yes

Votes: 7 70.0%
  • No

Votes: 3 30.0%

• Total voters

seemly

Reaction score
Trophy points
For quite some time, I've wanted to do a series of interviews with domainers. The domainers being interviewed may be prominent or unknown, successful or not.

But, why?​

This is about building and strengthening our community by getting to know each other better, build more camaraderie, and maybe even make a positive impact on future newcomers to the industry, that keeps the domain trading wheels turning.

People want to hear about you. Yes, you!​

I want to stress that:
  • If you think that people don't want to hear about your story, you're very much mistaken.
  • If you think that your story is boring, it's not.
  • If you feel uncomfortable or embarrassed talking about yourself and your successes/failures, don't be.

About the interview process​

In this initial early stage, the "interview" will be a nonintrusive Google Form questionnaire that you can fill out in your own time. You don't need to commit to jumping on a call with me, have a camera and mic setup, or anything like that. I want to keep this simple to try and set the wheels in motion on what I believe could be incredibly interesting community based content.

Publishing the interviews​

The interviews would be published and hosted on domainsaleshistory.uk, and the nature of the "interview" being from a Google Form, there will be an element of trying to turn those answers into a conversational tone, so some editorial freedom will be required. This will likely be achieved with some help from ChatGPT.

I will ensure that the answers provided will not be altered in a way that changes the context. I am also more than happy to share the draft copy with the interviewee prior to publishing to ensure they're happy with the outcome.

Assuming there would ever be a mass influx of interview submissions, they will be drip-fed into publication over a period of time, to avoid boredom or fatigue (for readers and myself).

What is needed from fellow 4m members?​

For this to work - and I really hope it does - I need people here on this forum to suggest some members names that they would love to find out more about, and read a little more about their back story.
  • To build a little confidence in those you would like to read about, maybe describe why you'd like to hear more about them and their story?
  • If people would like to put themselves forward, then by all means you are most welcome.
Be sure to comment below, clearly displaying who you'd like to see interviewed, and why. You can name as many people as you like. Even if somebody has already been named, please do add your reply to boost the chances of the interview happening!

Fantastic idea there are some great people in this community, and would love to hear about the success stories in the U.K.

I would like to see an interview with you, Chris.
I guess that's only fair.

I have a list of common questions that everyone will be asked, so if you have anything specific you'd like to ask in addition, add them in a comment, and I'll "interview" myself! šŸ˜‚

Would love a interview with Dale Hubbard "aZooZa"

One of the first people i did business with in the industry.
He was one of the first people I reached out to when I had this idea originally a few years ago, but after a short back and forth and initially seeming quite keen, he decided against it for entirely respectable reasons.

I'll reach out again at some point, but I'd imagine his original decision would stand.

Back