Ipswich co.uk

philiporchard

Reaction score
Trophy points
If anyone is interested, here is an interview with the guy who bought Ipswich.co.uk from me.

Invested his life's saving to launch a local news site.

A smart move to use a premium geo!
Thanks for this,

I found the discussion very interesting and informative.

Regards,
JB

Nice sale and I hope the site is a huge success. Did you sell the name this year?

Oliver's business model seems to be paying dividends for others. A week ago, I started subscribing to the 1440 newsletter:

Last edited:
Yes, I think 6 month ago maybe.

I really should use the .uk version to make use of the old site content.

Too much to do... just not enough time!

No idea... We were a long way apart to start with – 50k v a much smaller number... so focus was just to try and find a price that worked for both of us.

Swansea.co.uk went for more than double Ipswich, and he had no interest in the .uk

Swansea.co.uk went for more than double Ipswich, and he had no interest in the .uk
He has owned the .com for years and is one of the richest men in Wales - Swansea City football club stadium has rebranded to the Swansea.com stadium in recent years, and his son is also the founder of Au Vodka. I am surprised he didn’t want the .uk also Phil, but a very nice payday all the same!

Hi Frank! Good to see you here.... it must be 15 years since we first did business. You've sold some cracking names over the years!

Back