Just setup Starlink, so far I'm impressed!

wonder_lander

Reaction score
Trophy points
We have a touring caravan, and for the summer holiday we hit the road once the kids are off school.

This year, instead of just relying on unlimited 4G data - I've taken the plunge and bought a roam subscription for Starlink.

It's currently sitting in my garden pulling 120Mbps down and 20Mbs up - whilst downloading a firmware update!

We have a touring caravan, and for the summer holiday we hit the road once the kids are off school.

This year, instead of just relying on unlimited 4G data - I've taken the plunge and bought a roam subscription for Starlink.

It's currently sitting in my garden pulling 120Mbps down and 20Mbs up - whilst downloading a firmware update!
Would be good to get an update of your experience in a few days / weeks time if possible please?

I'm based in a rural area with no landline broadband (well, unless you count below 1mbps lol) and rely on 4G full time.

Have been looking at Starlink over the last few months but have yet to take the plunge!

Thanks,
Lee

Would be good to get an update of your experience in a few days / weeks time if possible please?

I'm based in a rural area with no landline broadband (well, unless you count below 1mbps lol) and rely on 4G full time.

Have been looking at Starlink over the last few months but have yet to take the plunge!

Thanks,
Lee
Will do, not sure when we are going to get away just yet, but I'll be hoping it's fairly solid for maintaining good teams calls and streaming of things like Netflix!

I was going to look at this a few months back so would be interested to here your thoughts and updates.

There are some quite good mini investigations into Elon and his projects on YouTube. I recently watched some guy who just tears Elon apart on his financials. When you look into the actual costs versus potential revenue from the Starlink project, in my opinion, it doesn't have long left to function - maybe 2 years, possibly 3.

Engineering in Starlink - Great
Financials - Terrible

Back