Managed Wordpress Hosting - Recommendations?

RegalDomains

Reaction score
Trophy points
Looking for managed Wordpress hosting, anybody who isn't WPEngine, can anybody recommend? (Happy to use your affiliate link but please actually only do this if you use & rate the hosting provider :ROFLMAO:)

I was going to build on Shopify but I'm leaning towards Woocommerce now, found the perfect template/theme for Woocommerce and that's the primary reason.

I recently moved a site from Cloudways to Pressable (circa 10,000 SKUs), very impressed so far.

The migration was effortless and livechat support has worked like instant messaging which sealed the deal for me.

I'm only 2 months in to using their services, so still early days. But I'm impressed so far.

Obligatory affiliate link as requested.

I have been using WPX for a couple of years now and I am very happy with their service

Pretty much zero downtime and their customer service is the best I have ever experienced.

I had a couple of sites which were hacked due to an outdated plugin and they have gone above and beyond to fix the issues.

Their pricing is also very reasonable.

Been with Krystal, Cloud86, Namecheap, Digital Ocean and a couple of other companies before, but WPX has been the best so far.

Happy to answer any questions you might have.

Affiliate link

Last edited:
I’m on Kinsta and they are good but I recently tried Krystal Onyx (think they have changed the name now) and it was noticeably quicker. Looking to migrate to them myself soon/when I can be bothered.

SiteGround is good - I used them for years. There isn't much in hosting your own server though, and it is a lot cheaper.

I've used guru (and their earlier incarnations) for all my hosting for probably about 20 years. (started with a reseller account, moved to 2 dedicated servers, now back to a small reseller account). I have even caught domains for them in the past! I have never used their specific wordpress plans, but I would expect them to be as good/reliable/well supported as their other services. (affiliate link :p)

I recently moved a site from Cloudways to Pressable (circa 10,000 SKUs), very impressed so far.

I use Cloudways, I'm curious what Pressable offers that Cloudways doesn't. ie. does it have shell access etc like CW?

EDIT: Let's all laugh at ChatGPT's effort when it tried to create an infographic comparing Pressable to Cloudways.

1727787621193.png

wow.

I use Cloudways, I'm curious what Pressable offers that Cloudways doesn't. ie. does it have shell access etc like CW?

EDIT: Let's all laugh at ChatGPT's effort when it tried to create an infographic comparing Pressable to Cloudways.

View attachment 211

wow.
Not a single mention of WP Engine in that infographic.

It turns out ChatGPT isn't as confused as Matt Mullenweg's Mother.

Not a single mention of WP Engine in that infographic.

It turns out ChatGPT isn't as confused as Matt Mullenweg's Mother.
To be fair, it has been a confusing time. I think Matt really needs to knock himself down a peg though, he's a bit arrogant. Considering WP is OS, he acts like he owns it. Is he mad that WPEngine is making more money than the $7.5bn Automattic makes? Greedy bastard.

Back