No wonder when..

dn

Reaction score
Trophy points
No wonder, .co.uk/.uk domain name registrations are decreasing, when largest UK registrars have zero interest in actually marketing .uk domains to their customers:

1724279582232.png

All these "suggestions" are free to reg in the .uk namespace and Fasthosts could have offered it to the customer, who - mind you - is visiting a .co.uk domain registrar.

Apparently, they can earn more by stuffing customers with a pathetic choice of .com's, instead of making great recommendations for .uk domains, where much more ideas can be available.

They were morons the last time I've used them back in 2003 and they still are complete retards.

Apparently, they can earn more by stuffing customers with a pathetic choice of .com's, instead of making great recommendations for .uk domains, where much more ideas can be available.
These registrars are constantly trying to blackmail Nominet into offering incentives to put .uk's on the top of the pile. In my opinion, Nominet are right to say no and I think the current board is being firm with them which is good to see.

These registrars are constantly trying to blackmail Nominet into offering incentives to put .uk's on the top of the pile. In my opinion, Nominet are right to say no and I think the current board is being firm with them which is good to see.
Gangsters =)
Marketing .uk domains should be #1 priority for any UK-based registrar. Nominet should strip of membership those who push other TLDs more than their own country's, make them pay reg & renewal fees at £85 for 2 years 😄

Back