Popular posts from UKDNF

felix

Reaction score
Trophy points
Good to be here.

While we still remember should we put together a list of the popular thread posts from UKDNF and try to recreate them here? Ones that were popular or of value?

Just so we try while its fresh and we can remember?

Maybe by title to prompt people?

Investment tips thread was interesting , others from wayback etc:
Google Search API delve
Xenforo / Forum dev thread
Caught.co.uk update

A 'prepper' thread also felt like it would go some 😃

Interesting to see 4M is now at nearly the same level of membership as UKDNF, and well on the way to equal it on the same lifespan. Webarchive also allows other benchmarking, so UKDNF/4M are (factually, before anyone takes more faux offence) the two busiest and most active .UK forums.

And one doesn't even exist anymore 👀

There was also a what are you working on in the business / private area... Aaron always posted useful things there - I hope he joins here and becomes active

That investments thread was amazing - especially the replies about buy-to-let investments. That was some serious knowledge and experience dumped into a few posts.
I actually have a big chunk of that one saved - I could repost it, but we need an applicable post, and I can't remember the name of the original poster (sorry if you're here!)

Edit: I have now created the post on Investment Tips.

Last edited:
There was a thread asking who's going to Domain Summit. It was so popular that there were more posts than attendees.

Last edited:
There was a thread asking who's going to Domain Summit. It was so popular that there were more posts than attendees.
There's literally dozens of people going to the Summit! So what if they're all from the same company :D

Attachments

• 1692525560436.jpg
    1692525560436.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 17
I was enjoying @GreyWing 's Avoid.com dev thread. Not sure if he plans to continue that on here or not.
Sorry, had a few bits on the last few days. Plan is to still continue with the Travel review project, but got to say I've been tempted by the tax angle over the last week or so. The stories coming out of some Governments in Europe trying to charge up to 90% tax for their top earners is going to mean there is a bit of demand for off-shoring etc. With Avoidance is legal when it comes to tax (evasion is illegal), it's a decent tax name too.

But, big but! Do I really want some gangster who's lost money following advice on Avoid.com chasing me down, errr probably not. That's one of the factors leading me to stick with the travel.

Would have been fun though :)

Was there a thread about grants for Nominet for good causes relating to IT literacy ?

Back