Prime Day - what did you snag?

Well I got a pair of adidas strutter trainers yesterday for £38 - but I got the same pair last year for £31 - just looked it up on my amazon orders. I needed them anyway but makes me think it's just a sales gimmick - also the prime delivery was 3 days wait.

Did anyone use Prime Day to snag some deals?

I grabbed an Ecoflow River 2 Max, 200w foldable solar panel and a 100ah Lithium Leisure Battery - all for off grid use when away in our caravan.

This is the problem with Prime Day. I see things I didn't need before seeing them discounted*. I'm now thinking, I need an Ecoflow River 2 Max, 200w foldable solar panel and a 100ah Lithium Leisure Battery!

I don't have a caravan, but am thinking this will be great if there is a power cut. But then again, we don't get many power cuts...

*A lot of Prime Day is now hype with prices cheaper at different times of the year without the fanfare.

Well I got a pair of adidas strutter trainers yesterday for £38 - but I got the same pair last year for £31 - just looked it up on my amazon orders. I needed them anyway but makes me think it's just a sales gimmick - also the prime delivery was 3 days wait.
If you paste the product link into https://uk.camelcamelcamel.com/ it will give you a price history so you can see what the 'normal' price is.

Amazon is full of utter crap. So I'll be getting nothing.

I grabbed a Chromecast with Google TV (4K), I didn't know I needed for £29

• Haha
Reactions: rob
I'll grab the Firecube at some point today, apparently it's quite smooth compared to the firestick, bit more RAM in there.
Amazon is full of utter crap. So I'll be getting nothing.
It is getting that way unfortunately. I've been using Argos a lot more these days, decent quality and can grab most things I need the same day. Plus 9 times out of 10 it's cheaper.

The last things I bought from Amazon were "Amazon's choice". Utter shite every time.

They have insulted me enough now.

I suppose thier pushing of utter shite is "net zero" too. Laughable. (Just looked, they're going to be net zero... impossible and bullshit).

Last edited:
The last things I bought from Amazon were "Amazon's choice". Utter shite every time.
and pretty dangerous, one of the videos I watched from this guy who is a well know YouTuber and seems like a sound guy.

Amazon are still selling those fuses, they don't care. Scary and why I won't buy anything tech from them anymore.

I went for stuff I've been watching for a while and keeping an eye on prices! Can easily get carried away!

I don't believe everything is always on a good price.. but then thats when you need data to back up your assumptions.

I use Keepa ... they have a handy free Chrome extension (Keepa - Amazon Price Tracker) .. no need to upgrade and its free.
(You can upgrade to get sales ranks but thats not what we're talking about here)...

So .. you can tell if the price you see right now is good or not...

For example - Wonder_landers snagged a good deal to today...

Assuming I have the correct piece of kit... it started off at £928 a year or so ago... Black Friday it was a deal at £660 and today it was a snap at £498....

Moral of the story - don't just assume that Amazon is out to scam you ... do your own research and stop believing "common thought"

1721223904596.png

Reactions: rob
Are they better than the jackery stuff?

It was the version without the solar panel I was after
Funnily enough the deal I snagged was a product with a solar panel. We think we have a deer roaming around part of the grounds that can't have an electric supply so I've just ordered one of these...

61YnhoJyQWL._AC_SX679_.jpg

CCTV with solar panel

1721245913952.png

Snagged yourself a great deal! This time last year for Prime day it was £439 and it's generally sold for £449 ... so a good worthy discount today!

My sister recently gave us a gift of a book called "101 Whiskies to Try Before You Die" so late last night, spurred on after recalling this thread, I had a quick look to see if any of the recommended whiskies were in the Prime Day deals.

To my surprise a couple were, so thanks to @wonder_lander I'm now a little poorer but looking forward to trying them out when they arrive next week. I'm particularly looking forward to trying the Auchentoshan 12 year old single malt, I know it will taste sweeter just because it's £49 everywhere else but I only paid £28. :LOL:

aucob.12yov6.jpg

Auchentoshan 12 Years Old Single Malt

I am very wary of what I buy on there.

As an example I notice that small price items in my wish list suddenly drop to next to nothing, but they are not prime delivery..... it's £25 postage!

Also, I highlighted a seller to Amazon that posted dozens of fake 5 star reviews from 3 different usernames within 24 hours, also told them that the company no longer trades and is dissolved. Guess what? They are still active on there

Back