Proposals to make the food environment in Wales healthier - online impact

rob

Reaction score
Trophy points
Blurb:
We want to support individuals to make healthier choices by restricting the promotion of food and drink which is high in fat, sugar and salt (HFSS) and by encouraging the promotion of healthier products.

It will be interesting to see this rolled out online... health is devolved remember:

The draft text of the Regulations restrict the promotion and placement of HFSS products in the following ways:
• Locations restrictions will prohibit retailers from placing HFSS products in certain locations and will apply to in store entrances, aisle ends and checkout/queueing areas and their online equivalents (for example, website entry pages, landing pages for other food categories, and shopping basket and payment pages).

Detail https://www.gov.wales/sites/default...4-06/consultation-and-call-for-evidence_0.pdf

Any idea how that would geo restrict to Wales only?

Reactions: rob
The supermarkets already do it for alcohol in Scotland and Wales:

They do which is why for big alcohol shopping trips (i.e. our normal fortnightly shop :D) we now travel from mid-Wales to Hereford which is over the border in England. Sounds like I may have to start doing the same the next time I fancy a Big Mac too...

They do which is why for big alcohol shopping trips (i.e. our normal fortnightly shop :D) we now travel from mid-Wales to Hereford which is over the border in England. Sounds like I may have to start doing the same the next time I fancy a Big Mac too...

Same happens in Scotland with Berwick and Carlisle :)

So instead of making healthy choices cheaper, they make bad ones more expensive?

Why is it that they want to do all of these things, but kids are chonging it up on sweet flavoured vapes that all have a battery in them - plus they're so available that I can't move in the shop for the shite and theyre inventing new ones that aren't even age restricted (nicotine pouches) and all of the kids are getting addicted to them.

They're also allowing people to get hold of booze, fags, fast food without lifting a finger... Ok, apart from a tapping finger on a phone. Is there any wonder people are getting fat? They want everyone sat at a desk instead of actually leading societal change to make it illegal.

Everything that they ever come up with is just stuff that makes it look like they care, when really all they care about is GDP.

Eg. We care about the environment... But you better get in that car every day, sit in a traffic jam and sit at a desk miles away. We'll buy these "carbon credits" and it's net zero.

We care about the environment, you can't have a plastic bag, but we'll put everything in plastic that you pick up.

Sorry for the rant, but I'm sick of the utter bullshit policies. Nothing is done for the health and well being of the people, not even the shit that comes out of politicians' mouths. All you can do is fend for yourself.

Last edited:
I hate the Welsh Gov!

This seems to be another we will control you and you will bend over and take it moment.

Even during Covid they had to make things more difficult with different rules. As someone who lives on the England/Wales border I drive in and out of Wales daily and back during the pandemic you could be breaking the rules one moment and then legit the next when back in England!

The 20mph speed limits are the latest pain. They've now started placing speed camera vans in these areas again and trying to keep to 20mph is not easy. Also, not sure if it is just my car but my cruise control will not work until I am driving over 25mph!

Anything just to piss people off. Zero value delivered to the people.

They've forgotten that they're supposed to serve.

• 100%
Reactions: Lee
Back