Something a little different...

seemly

Reaction score
Trophy points
I wanted to create a thread that would provide inspiration, make you think or feel something. Try to positively impact the day of other 4m members.

I want you to share anything and everything unique that brought a smile to your face.

That feeling you felt when you first saw/experienced what you share below - what was it? how did it make you feel? did it bring about any memories? If so, what were they?

For each item you share below, make it a short story. Make it fun and interesting.

I used to watch a lot of Tom Scott on YouTube over the years, but unfortunately he 'retired' from creating videos around 12 months ago or so. His videos we're always so well researched and packed full of information. He has a great back catalogue for you to catch up on if you've never seen his work.

Fortunately, he did decide to create a weekly newsletter, in which he shares some interesting things he has found throughout the week.

One of his links led me to this awesome project, which basically takes the current news and converts it to look like and behave like Ceefax! Instant nostalgia! Use the on-screen remote control to access the content you want to view:

Yes, it's almost completely pointless and silly, but it instantly brought a smile to my face. Nobody asked for it, nobody needs it, but it's a bit of fun.

• Love
Reactions: ben
Today I learned of a new word:

Chindogu.

The practice of inventing ingenious everyday gadgets that seem to be ideal solutions to particular problems, but which may cause more problems than they solve.

Interestingly, the idea and design of the selfie stick (for camera's) was originally conceived in 1983, but was ultimately (at the time) deemed a failure.

I love things like this. I quite like watching the inventiveness of the creator. The imagination, the creative process, the end result. However silly, it's still inspiring.

I quite enjoy going through videos of Unnecessary Inventions periodically, just to try and get some wacky and creative juices flowing.

No way, that is cool as fuck. I miss those days. I was going to ask if it had Bamboozled, but remembered that it was on Teletext ha. Good times.

Back