tdl.co.uk sale was a bargain

• Thread starter Thread starter dn
  • Start date Start date

dn

Reaction score
Trophy points
2024. UK businesses still don't "get it".

Some large and prominent TDL contenders, most were sent auction alerts via email and nobody took it seriously. (Obviously, those clerks attending to the emails are not taught to spot gems, just doing their boring and repetitive work and lack some tunnel vision for the benefit of the company).

Congratulations to the buyer - sold @ the reserve price. This investment will pay off 10-20x in a good time.

Surprisingly, not enough big fish in the domaining these days to spot opportunities and make strategic investments.

That sub-domain *.it.com guy, spending £££,£££ promoting inferior dream, would have multiplied his capital by just buying .uk drops and listing it on Sedo, instead of listing his it.com dictionary =) Oh, he can't be a visionary if so, would have to resort to a mere speculator. Gotta support the status of an entrepreneur, by flushing down the drain.

Yes I contact lots of endusers for the premiums and it's almost impossible to get past the contact emails to actual eyeballs from people that can make decisions. And even if you do they don't have any idea what a domain is worth. Often times these premiums would be one or two months of their advertising budgets and they'd have something that lasts a lot longer.

A good domain to buy considering the resurgence int 'T.D.L recently 😂

Some large and prominent TDL contenders, most were sent auction alerts via email and nobody took it seriously.
The flip side on this is there is reseller opportunity to aquire stock, there have been auctions over weekends where I get a monday morning email asking to buy it onwards... as 9-5'ers missed out!

Exactly.

I see so many buyers approaching winning bidders during the next few days, instantly starting with twice the amount.

Plenty of profitable tactic plays in this reseller market.

Cold calling is a better approach than cold emailing, but I do more cold emailing because I really hate cold calling. Cold sales is demoralising, and after one call, unless it's positive, it always leaves me feeling hopeless.

Back