The 70 redundancies they were making at Nominet...

RegalDomains

Reaction score
Trophy points
Announced a few months back.

Did anybody else question how on earth they've become so bloated that they had 300+ employees in the first place?

For perspective, ICANN only employs 428!

Just a great example of why the UK has a huge productivity gap because nobody knows how to run a lean business anymore isn't it?

what even are the remaining employees job titles?

I agree that any inefficiencies should be addressed but it should be focused on service rather than profit.

Personally I have always found their service to be excellent so I hope this does not suffer following these redundancies.

Did anybody else question how on earth they've become so bloated that they had 300+ employees in the first place?
I think a lot of the 2021 EGM wanted to address this, the old board left and the new board started to tackle it and the results have become apparent over the last year or so.

Just a great example of why the UK has a huge productivity gap because nobody knows how to run a lean business anymore isn't it?
It didn’t seem like the old CEO was too concerned; income was guaranteed, if cash was running low, they could always just raise prices. There was no need for anyone to cut back. The new CEO is addressing the cost side of things, I've not seen them flying drones around the Car Park under his leadership. In my view, the new board is carrying out the directions of the 2021 EGM.

I was shown some comments from former staff members on Glassdoor, and in my opinion, they were not particularly encouraging. Some blamed the new board for being overly influenced by and fearful of the members, which is surprising given that the members actually own the company. It seemed like some staff believed they were the ones in charge. Perhaps it's better that those individuals have moved on.

While it’s unfortunate that some good staff were lost, overall, it now seems like the company is being run properly.

You have to think, they're no longer just a domain registry lol. Look at all the fucking pies they have their fingers in.

You have to think, they're no longer just a domain registry lol. Look at all the fucking pies they have their fingers in.
Thankfully it's a lot less than they used to have their fingers in. Autonomous vehicles were being parked around Nominet's car park at one time, assisted by someone flying drones up and down the gaff.

May not be perfect now, but it's a whole lot more serious than it used to be.

For those thinking I was joking, I just had to double check to remind myself that I didn't imagine it. Thankfully someone pulled the EGM together.

Drone Registry

Driverless cars

• Haha
Reactions: ben
Isn’t there already a drone registry? It’s called the CAA 😂 I register my drones with CAA to fly it.

Isn’t there already a drone registry? It’s called the CAA 😂 I register my drones with CAA to fly it.
Just wondering about the look on some of the faces of the CAA if one of their Directors came in to a board meeting, sat down and suggested they start a domain registry. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: ben
Didn't think of it like that, that's hilarious. What were these people smoking.

Back