The one that got away....

wonder_lander

Reaction score
Trophy points
Interested to hear about a domain you had the chance to acquire but didn't - and now you regret it!

Mine is Stone.co.uk and Stone.uk - purely as they are the name of the town I live in and it would have been the perfect name for what we have on the local news website I run.

Wish org uk - didn’t bid high enough and now it lies dormant (and been like this for over 10 years) As discussed on the 4m embryo, I am trying to trace the current owner but no luck.

BouncyCastles.co.uk

Such was the quality of names dropping back in 2005/6/7, the big boys like Denys etc weren't even bothered by the likes of names like these - don't blame them, there were some cracking names popping up on the drops. Andrew and his Deleting.co.uk site would show you what was dropping and if it had dropped and if anyone had registered it. This one dropped and could be hand regged by people like me without scripts at the time.

I tried to register it via OneandOne internet, paid, they said they'd reg it but their reg time was anything up to 30 minutes back then. By the time they got around to it, it had gone.

I think it sold recently for a decent amount.

One of the good guys in the industry was selling Recruit.co.uk for 7k back in 2010, I should have bought it but I was buying all over the place back then and funds were tight :-(

Everton.com The small family history website sitting on it was closing so all it would've taken was an email to the retiring owner asking him to sell it. But I didn't bother and he dropped it. As a Toffee it still pains me that Everton are still using the far inferior EvertonFC.com

Last edited:
Back