Threads

I enjoy Threads. I have completely abandoned instagram now, it’s so easy to connect with likeminded people on Threads. But I think .net suits the platform much better than .com. It is a network, after all, albeit a social one. The .com feels like it would suit a clothing brand or something. Hopefully they keep the .net. But it’s irrelevant for the most part, as the app exists.

Must’ve been a 6/7 figure sale though

I bet it involved stocks. Interesting that Shopify bought Threads.com the company in 2024, when Meta had already approached them to buy it.

Possibly, but if it was a cash deal I very much doubt that they managed to pick it up for six figures. They paid $8.5m for fb.com in 2010, so my guess is $4m for threads.com.

Hopefully we'll find out in due course.

Possibly, but if it was a cash deal I very much doubt that they managed to pick it up for six figures. They paid $8.5m for fb.com in 2010, so my guess is $4m for threads.com.

Hopefully we'll find out in due course.
FB.com is a nicer domain, yes. Threads.com was an entire product and company that Shopify bought and announced it was shutting down immediately.

I'm detecting a bigger pay day than $4m, of course I may be wrong.

FB.com is a nicer domain, yes. Threads.com was an entire product and company that Shopify bought and announced it was shutting down immediately.

I'm detecting a bigger pay day than $4m, of course I may be wrong.
So what's your guess - and everyone else's for that matter?

Let's all test our premium .com valuation skills!

Facebook buying from Spotify means it’s probably demanded a much larger sum than from an and user. Could be big big.

So what's your guess - and everyone else's for that matter?

Let's all test our premium .com valuation skills!
Someone I know sold a 1 word premium for 4m US to a random company that recently got funding.

I'm going to go with 10 mil at least when you're selling to arsebook.

Facebook buying from Spotify means it’s probably demanded a much larger sum than from an and user. Could be big big.
I'm going to go with 10 mil at least when you're selling to arsebook.
Yes, common knowledge that Meta have deep pockets, but on the other hand they're the only realistic buyers at this level, and they don't really need the name because they're already trading quite happily on the .net, and as @ben points out above, it's an app anyway.

That's not what I heard, my source tells me they are going all out and rebranding to threads.it.com
Only a billionaire conglomerate could do that, so you’re probably right.

Back