Topic expansion

temp123

Reaction score
Trophy points
Would you consider expanding this forum to the massively under-served uk affiliate industry? ever since the affiliates4u forum was killed off (10+ years ago) and "moved" to facebook, where it has since completely died, there has been no "home" for uk affiliates.

I think there is a degree of overlap with the uk domain scene so perhaps there is a fit. you can check out affiliates4u on archive.org if you're unfamiliar.

Would you consider expanding this forum to the massively under-served uk affiliate industry? ever since the affiliates4u forum was killed off (10+ years ago) and "moved" to facebook, where it has since completely died, there has been no "home" for uk affiliates.

I think there is a degree of overlap with the uk domain scene so perhaps there is a fit. you can check out affiliates4u on archive.org if you're unfamiliar.
You literally just spoke about not allowing affiliate links and now you are saying you want to expand to a whole affiliate section?

You literally just spoke about not allowing affiliate links and now you are saying you want to expand to a whole affiliate section?
yes? what bit do you have issue with? they are very separate.

I came here (there) off the back of the affiliates4u forum, specifically the megathread by Frank Paul (DomainSeller200) on Exact Match domains with high monthly search volumes.

Iā€™d be interest in more affiliate-related content (not links).

If people can be shown how to monetize domains, or meet up with people who can monetize domains. Domain prices should rise. In my opinion, win win.

The problem is who is going to post anything useful in there. a4u just turned into a swamp, there was nothing useful being posted there 10 years ago. I'm a full time affiliate - I definitely will not be posting in it if one was made (here or anywhere else).

You can't post anything useful without potentially having its use ruined for you.

If people can be shown how to monetize domains, or meet up with people who can monetize domains. Domain prices should rise. In my opinion, win win.
But I don't want domain prices to rise, I want them to go down.

The problem is who is going to post anything useful in there. a4u just turned into a swamp, there was nothing useful being posted there 10 years ago. I'm a full time affiliate - I definitely will not be posting in it if one was made (here or anywhere else).

You can't post anything useful without potentially having its use ruined for you.

Very valid point. For those type of discussions I'm personally a fan of closed groups with fewer numbers of people but containing the sort of folks that you would trust discussing delicate business matters. You may only get to that stage though by first having a few in person group meetups.

I partially agree, the value for me was being able to get the networks to pay attention to suggestions and complaints (i.e. merchant not paying).

My suggestion would be to use "Design & Development" forum for any affiliate topics you'd like to make. Then if warranted split off into its own sub.

A4U was a shit show towards the end, rep/networks spamming offers. So it's definitely about finding that balance. I suspect some thread topics like "XX affiliate network payment delays?" will likely bring in some new members too via search.

I can't remember the section bits by Aaron on UKDNF but they were decent cover-alls and suitably public/private

Back