Updates to DomainSalesHistory.uk

The most recent update is a new blog post of celebration as Domainlore passes Β£5m in completed UK domain sales.

As a solo developer of this independent auction platform, Denys has successfully developed a mainstay in the aftermarket sales of UK domain names, and I think it's important to recognise his efforts over the years, which I'm sure at times was a labour of love.

Well done, Denys!

@seemly have you thought about going public with the code base and making it a community project? Could run it on Github and people could provide commits for additional features and improvements, could be a good incentive for you to get back on the horse.

Or if not public finding someone to carry the torch with you?

@seemly have you thought about going public with the code base and making it a community project? Could run it on Github and people could provide commits for additional features and improvements, could be a good incentive for you to get back on the horse.

Like an API 🧐

It's closed source because while it works, my code is shit. πŸ˜‚

But seriously, even I have questioned the value it brings. I think over the years, the various naysayers just niggled away at me enough to give up on holding any value against it myself. Plus real life gets in the way, and priorities change.

I've never really been a domainer as such. I've just bought and sold a tiny handful (less than 20) during 12 years or so. But I personally (still) think that having a point of reference to help validate can be a useful asset, and for that reference to be a source that has aggregated a lot of known/published UK domain sales should be looked at favourably, and can help to bring newcomers to the UK domaining niche, growing the market as a whole.

Waiting on Ryan to sort out my exit, but he's yet to announce it on a livestream. πŸ˜‚

But seriously, even I have questioned the value it brings. I think over the years, the various naysayers just niggled away at me enough to give up on holding any value against it myself. Plus real life gets in the way, and priorities change.
I have used your site a few times when trying to price a domain after receiving an offer.

It’s been very helpful to me so thank you Seemly.

I have used your site a few times when trying to price a domain after receiving an offer.

It’s been very helpful to me so thank you Seemly.
Thanks for the kind words, John!

But seriously, even I have questioned the value it brings. I think over the years, the various naysayers just niggled away at me enough to give up on holding any value against it myself.
It's a useful database, so I hope you ignore the naysayers and persevere with it.

I seem to recall you posting on Acorn a while back that you no longer had a feed from UKBackorder, but will you be adding twitter.uk manually when it ends sometime in the next 45 minutes?

It's a useful database, so I hope you ignore the naysayers and persevere with it.

I seem to recall you posting on Acorn a while back that you no longer had a feed from UKBackorder, but will you be adding twitter.uk manually when it ends sometime in the next 45 minutes?
I'm not a member on ukbackorder, and I respect people (and Rob) for wanting the sale prices to remain private, so unless it is publicly reported (rather than leaked), no, I won't be adding it.

Personally, I don't really get why people want secrecy behind sales prices, as the argument of "I'm not paying you X because you only paid Y" doesn't work in any way, shape or form, in any other industry. You want what I have? Pay me.

Just ended and price still visible to anyone.

Thanks so much have found it very helpful to look back at sales made, keep up the good work.

The most recent update is a new blog post of celebration as Domainlore passes Β£5m in completed UK domain sales.

As a solo developer of this independent auction platform, Denys has successfully developed a mainstay in the aftermarket sales of UK domain names, and I think it's important to recognise his efforts over the years, which I'm sure at times was a labour of love.

Well done, Denys!
awesome

Back