What are your best/favourrite domain names?

DJ

Reaction score
Trophy points
It's very subjective but I think my top 5 might be:

Naughty.co.uk
Meeting.co.uk
Frank.co.uk
Ant.co.uk
Pavilion.co.uk

The 2 I get the most enquiries on:

SchoolUniform.co.uk
SilentDisco.co.uk

My favourites:

Venues.co.uk
Stage.uk

I've showed you mine, now you show me yours.

Those 2 that you get most enquiries for are killer domains.

School Uniforms are big business!
For SilentDisco.co.uk - have you had many series enquiries? It's one of those ones where I can see the bubble bursting, and then I'd kick myself for not selling!

Unite
Circus
Accuracy
Paintings
Britannia uk

Sold most of my good domains over the years and doesn’t seem to be so easy to replace them

Those 2 that you get most enquiries for are killer domains.

School Uniforms are big business!
For SilentDisco.co.uk - have you had many series enquiries? It's one of those ones where I can see the bubble bursting, and then I'd kick myself for not selling!

Agreed a price of silentdisco a couple of times, I think from the same buyer, only for them to then go quiet. I've actually thought about developing schooluniforms as it is an evergreen domain, but wouldn't know where to start.

I think these are probably my top 5

Hgv.co.uk + uk
Reality.co.uk + uk
Success.co.uk + uk
Genesis.co.uk + uk
Guard.co.uk + uk

I don't see me ever selling them, which is lucky as I've never had an enquiry on any of them anyway :(

SchoolUniform.co.uk
SilentDisco.co.uk
The school uniform shop would be very easy to set something up on, have you thought about a quick lead gen site or even a real store buying and selling them? That would rank really easy in my opinion.

Sold most of my good domains over the years and doesn’t seem to be so easy to replace them
They have certainly slowed down coming to market, it is a lot harder now to get top end names than ever before. I think it's a good sign for the market.

SchoolUniform.co.uk
SilentDisco.co.uk
Ah, think I enquired about schooluniform.co.uk a couple of years ago :D

Unfortunately public opinion does seem to be shifting over the last few years in terms of branded clothing: https://schoolsweek.co.uk/labour-vows-to-limit-branded-school-uniform-items/

For plain items you'll never be able to compete with the likes of Tesco and even recently Home Bargains etc.

I think there is room however to shake this industry up a little., but it's become a somewhat politicised issue.

One of my favourites at the moment is sbo.co.uk - we have it earmarked for a future betting project (sports betting offers, sports betting online, something like that). It's listed on Dan at a silly price just in case, but the plan is to develop it ourselves.

Some other bits and bobs I quite like, for various reasons:

antigens.co.uk
mochi.co.uk
footballstats.co.uk
bettingreviews.co.uk
proteinbars.co.uk
questions.co.uk

In no particular order:

EcoFriendly.co.uk
CheapFurniture.co.uk
SustainableLiving.co.uk
UsedOfficeFurniture.uk
VanLife.uk

My top five are...

HeatPumps.uk
Insulation.uk
ChargingPoints.uk
SolarQuotes.uk
Competitions.co

I'm a treehugging ecoloon so my portfolio is heavy on green tech. I sold a .co for £30k so invested in a handful of names that I'm going to develop and dedicate my time and passion to.

My top five are...

HeatPumps.uk
Insulation.uk
ChargingPoints.uk
SolarQuotes.uk
Competitions.co

I'm a treehugging ecoloon so my portfolio is heavy on green tech. I sold a .co for £30k so invested in a handful of names that I'm going to develop and dedicate my time and passion to.
Some corkers in there!

Impressive sale price on a .co, too! Nice work.

There's a tale behind that sale which I'll regale over an ale someday 🍻

Last edited:
Nope 🤐 Although if I'm plied with alcohol I might let it slip 😉

I think 90% of my domains are good :) but to pick out these are the ones i want to develop out better:

babyseats.co.uk
beanbagcovers.co.uk
capes.co.uk
childrensbeds.uk
customgifts.uk
drizzle.co.uk
dukebox.co.uk
fencingpanels.uk
flatcaps.co.uk
freshpay.co.uk
growfresh.co.uk
growl.co.uk
peakcaps.co.uk
ratchetstraps.co.uk
sportsbottles.co.uk
sweatshirt.co.uk
weddinggiftideas.co.uk

My two favourite domains are:

Gadgets.co.uk

I liked this one so much that I made the mistake years ago of using it for my main personal email address. Consequently I've turned down serious five figure offers as I couldn't face the hassle of changing my email address on so many different sites and systems.

iDeals.co.uk (or Ideals.co.uk)

I do keep toying with the idea(l) of developing this myself and a couple of quite disparate possibilities spring to mind which is why I've always liked it so much. I've accepted some high four figure offers but the deals never completed.

My two favourite domains are:

Gadgets.co.uk

I liked this one so much that I made the mistake years ago of using it for my main personal email address. Consequently I've turned down serious five figure offers as I couldn't face the hassle of changing my email address on so many different sites and systems.

iDeals.co.uk (or Ideals.co.uk)

I do keep toying with the idea(l) of developing this myself and a couple of quite disparate possibilities spring to mind which is why I've always liked it so much. I've accepted some high four figure offers but the deals never completed.
Love Gadgets.co.uk - did you have an affiliate programme many years ago? Sure we used to be a member of it on AWIN. I might be thinking of another company though. Getting old now lol.

Love Gadgets.co.uk - did you have an affiliate programme many years ago? Sure we used to be a member of it on AWIN. I might be thinking of another company though. Getting old now lol.
Yes, I think there was; I had a small team running the Gadgets.co.uk site so wasn't actively involved myself as my other business, Mobiles.co.uk, was taking up all my time.

You're right though, it seems such a long time ago now!

Back