What's new / New posts

temp123

Reaction score
Trophy points
What do people think about the quality of this section?

I have "new posts" bookmarked to get to this forum, and I find the Domain Sales posts detracting from the quality posts. Akin to Acorn...

I would prefer it if the the domain sales forum threads were not included in the whats new/new posts sections.

Very different to defunctCorn as the quantity and quality can be sometimes questionable over yonder. Whilst they are minimal here I am happy to view them, as you never know what gem you may discover.

Suppose we'll have to wait and see. If people want to dump their whole domain catalogue in different threads, and bump them daily - then maybe we should clean them up.

Right now only a few posts I see regarding domains for sale, so not so bad. But with more users, I can see it being an issue.

To be honest I think they are absolutely pointless without an indication on price. A bit like people who request a domain should be required to stipulate a budget, if you list a domain for sale it should be a requirement to put a price or a rough guide. Otherwise it just becomes a fishing exercise that continues to be repeated every few months.

Even if I am vaguely interested in a domain that is posted, I never reach out when its just a: 'xxxxxx.co.uk will listen too serious offers' post. No doubt if you search on acorn you will likely find an identical thread (if it hasn't been deleted) posted a few months earlier.

Just my opinion of course.

What do people think about the quality of this section?

I have "new posts" bookmarked to get to this forum, and I find the Domain Sales posts detracting from the quality posts. Akin to Acorn...

I would prefer it if the the domain sales forum threads were not included in the whats new/new posts sections.

The only section I tend to click on across all domain forums is the 'New Posts' section. This allows me to quickly filter through everything in a single view, without having to navigate into separate sections. For example, I enjoy seeing new domains for sale since my last visit. If I had to jump into a specific 'Domains For Sale' thread instead of simply clicking 'New Posts,' it feels like an unnecessary step, as 'New Posts' should do exactly what it says on the tin.

To be honest I think they are absolutely pointless without an indication on price. A bit like people who request a domain should be required to stipulate a budget, if you list a domain for sale it should be a requirement to put a price or a rough guide. Otherwise it just becomes a fishing exercise that continues to be repeated every few months.

Even if I am vaguely interested in a domain that is posted, I never reach out when its just a: 'xxxxxx.co.uk will listen too serious offers' post. No doubt if you search on acorn you will likely find an identical thread (if it hasn't been deleted) posted a few months earlier.

Just my opinion of course.

While I understand your perspective, it's important to note that not all sellers want to list prices upfront, as it can sometimes deter potential buyers. Additionally, disclosing the price can impact future negotiations, with both buyers and sellers potentially using this information in future discussions. This is why some auction platforms allow sellers to pay to remove the final sale price. (Of course, this can work the other way around too.. especially if you paid top dollar and want to secure top dollar in future sales.)

Personally, I prefer to ask on a forum, 'Please feel free to submit an offer,' as domain value can be subjective and varies based on individual perception. The "make offer" option should actually be seen as an advantage. If a seller hasn’t provided a ballpark figure, they can’t be upset if the offer received doesn’t meet their expectations. This approach also opens up a dialogue, allowing buyers to share their perspective on the domain’s worth, creating an opportunity for constructive conversation and potential negotiation... Don’t get me wrong, I do like seeing an 'asking price' as well, and I usually list prices for my domains on marketplaces since I aim to sell to end users. However, when dealing with forum members who are typically looking for bargains and often selling their domains for pennies, it’s a completely different situation. That’s why I tend to encourage people to reach out with an offer.. so I can gauge what they believe the name is worth. After all, a domain is ultimately only worth what someone is willing to pay, no matter the value the seller assigns to it.

So if you see me posting (which you will… and have, lol) "Please feel free to make me an offer," just see it as a positive, giving you the chance to offer what you feel the domain is worth to you

Just my thoughts guys and gals x

Reactions: Cav
I like seeing for sale threads but in my view it would be good if (i) all sales threads were visible to members only with no search engine indexing, (ii) prices mandatory.

Back