Why 4m?

• Thread starter Thread starter dn
  • Start date Start date

dn

Reaction score
Trophy points
I think it's great short and snappy, quick type-ins (we domainers love type-in's, aren't we? :)

Also it's deliberately a short .uk, not .co.uk.
The beauty of short domains is for them to be short indeed.

If you still haven't realised, four-m is a play on "forum".

I've also secured several typos, like 4rm.uk, 4rum.uk, 4um.uk... and will add redirects shortly. So you can type with fat fingers with all your pleasure ;)

The domain(s) will later be donated to the community who oversees the forum.

4m or not 4m, that is the question.

Last edited:
Are we able to get some of the nice additions Aaron was adding to the forum added here in the coming weeks

I like the fact it's like "for 'em", like slang for "for them". For the UK domaining community.

Not a great lover of the name if I'm honest, but as UKDNF proved the name isn't important, it is the content and the members that count. I can see it might be a play on for them or even forum, but I didn't get that at all - guess I'm not down with the kids.

the name isn't important
better not tell that to your domain buying customers, hehe

but yes, it could have been another name, as with everything.
and when you have too many options, it's also hard to choose.

as domainforum.co.uk + domainforum.uk sold on DL just over a week ago, I'd have probably bid on that, if I knew..

but the con's are it's too long to type :)

yesterday I also regged ch4t.uk as another candidate, but decided to proceed with 4m, even though this domain had a higher sell value in my portfolio.

Still like dnf.org.uk 😉 it's FTR

I, for one, love the name and welcome our new domain forum overlord.

I think it works now you’ve explained it - I’d have probably tried to get 4D / For Domains - but I’m simple :D

You should change your username to 4mc to show this forum the respect it deserves.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: dn
Back