Afternic

KarlM

Reaction score
Trophy points
Now that dan.com is shutting i will be forced to use afternic,

Does anyone know the best way to swallow the FX and wire fees?

Would it be to use a usd account at wise.com or similar?

Cheers
Karl

Not sure on the wire fees but they do paypal payments as an option, dan.com always covered the paypal fees but not sure if Afternic do (it doesn't look like they do sadly)

Yea, looks like could get hammered on some of the USD to GBP conversions.

Let your bank do it?

Not sure if that is a option? I believe afternic will do the conversion and charge 3% for the pleasure.

Not sure on the wire fees but they do paypal payments as an option, dan.com always covered the paypal fees but not sure if Afternic do (it doesn't look like they do sadly)
Paypal works out very expensive for currency conversions.

Do not let your bank do it. Use Wise.com - I use this as my main bank now. Highstreet banks are not worth the headache.

Do not let your bank do it. Use Wise.com - I use this as my main bank now. Highstreet banks are not worth the headache.
Not a high street bank. Something like Revolut or Monzo will provide probably a good rate and may even have free limit. I’ve not looked into it. But I have an affiliate link for Revolut if you’re interested in earning £30 while opening a bank. Ends today though I believe, so no pressure 😂

Not a high street bank. Something like Revolut or Monzo will provide probably a good rate and may even have free limit. I’ve not looked into it. But I have an affiliate link for Revolut if you’re interested in earning £30 while opening a bank. Ends today though I believe, so no pressure 😂
They all do the same, Wise, Monzo, Revolut :) Rates are pretty much the same, I use Wise because it was the first I tested and it worked without issue lol

• Cheers
Reactions: ben
They all do the same, Wise, Monzo, Revolut :) Rates are pretty much the same, I use Wise because it was the first I tested and it worked without issue lol
Okay mate, I didn’t realise but thinking about it, it would make sense competitively.

Back