Best UK Web Hosting Company

Breakline

Reaction score
Trophy points
Are you looking for a reliable UK web hosting company? Is your current web hosting company not performing? Is your website slow? Do your support queries get answered in 14 business days? Have you had enough of web hosting prices doubling every year?

Just use Krystal.

Stop messing about with amateurs and money grabbing companies.

krystal hosting reviews.png
You will not be disappointed. Krystal has an excellent reputation compared with competitors.

Last edited:
Reactions: ben
I think it's a slippery slope towards this forum being spammed to bits if there is going to be zero value add posts with seo'd titles & affiliate links from new members.

I think it's a slippery slope towards this forum being spammed to bits if there is going to be zero value add posts with seo'd titles & affiliate links from new members.
I agree, there should be value added, and it shouldn't be the primary reason for making the post. In fact, to be fair, perhaps there should be a section where people can post their affiliate links, without needing to create half-arsed articles like this (no offence Breaky), to spam their links.

Who would be in favour of that? @dn what are your thoughts? @adm ?

Not specifically talking about this one, but posts in general on forums. Ideally you (readers) don't want to be questioning someone's motives for posting things, having a zero tolerance policy of affiliate links does make that easier to assume that someone is posting for the good of the community rather than personal gain.

Not specifically talking about this one, but posts in general on forums. Ideally you (readers) don't want to be questioning someone's motives for posting things, having a zero tolerance policy of affiliate links does make that easier to assume that someone is posting for the good of the community rather than personal gain.
It's a fair point and I'll acknowledge it.

I’m happy to delete guys. It actually sounds like an ad. It was not my intention.

I’m happy to delete guys. It actually sounds like an ad. It was not my intention.
I genuinely wasn't commenting on you mate. It's a relatively new forum, and this hasn't come up before, so the comments are just in general to work out some rules going forward for everyone.

Likewise, I have no idea who the OP is but just a general forum feedback point. If posts like that are allowed it will get abused for sure.

I genuinely wasn't commenting on you mate. It's a relatively new forum, and this hasn't come up before, so the comments are just in general to work out some rules going forward for everyone.
Yeah, thinking about it now I wouldn’t like to see these kinds of posts. Maybe I could do a tech stack like I’ve seen done by @seemly and include my recommendations for hosting etc

Yeah, thinking about it now I wouldn’t like to see these kinds of posts. Maybe I could do a tech stack like I’ve seen done by @seemly and include my recommendations for hosting etc
I’ve literally just done a thread on this this morning, specified for WordPress. You’re welcome to add your own recommendations to it, nice to have a couple configurations.

+1 vote for no affiliate links. For me it just kills the legitimacy of any recommendations given - regardless of how well ChatGPT is prompted.

Lightsail is a good alternative to AWS, which is a bit overkill for most people.
I think you're right my friend. There is a lot of complex knowledge required to get going with AWS, and on the other hand lightsail, I believe, abstracts a lot of AWS complexity away at a nice monthly fee.

I've been working with AWS commercially for the best part of a decade at this point, so I have a way to get up and running quickly with the stack I use, but I would suggest anyone that wants to host on AWS to give Lightsail a go to keep it simple, cause you probably don't need to know all of the ins and outs of it.

Here's my aff link for anyone who wants to give it a go ==> https://aws.amazon.com/free/compute/lightsail/?giveusernamemoney=true

Last edited:
  • Cheers
Reactions: cm
The only thing I don't like about Lightsail is the lack of apps you can install with the server image. Unlike the full AWS console where you have access to a plethora of marketplace images, Lightsail only gives you about 8 options (last time I used it). Granted, they are some the most popular apps; WordPress, Docker etc. but it's still lacking. I know you can install them yourself but it's just nice to have it all done and just to SSH in and get on with shit. Another good thing is that actually you can use the smallest server on Lightsail on the free tier for 3 months, it used to be 12 and I think it still is on AWS on some of the instances, but as I say, AWS console is very complex and hard to understand for spinning up something small and novice.

The only thing I don't like about Lightsail is the lack of apps you can install with the server image. Unlike the full AWS console where you have access to a plethora of marketplace images, Lightsail only gives you about 8 options (last time I used it). Granted, they are some the most popular apps; WordPress, Docker etc. but it's still lacking. I know you can install them yourself but it's just nice to have it all done and just to SSH in and get on with shit. Another good thing is that actually you can use the smallest server on Lightsail on the free tier for 3 months, it used to be 12 and I think it still is on AWS on some of the instances, but as I say, AWS console is very complex and hard to understand for spinning up something small and novice.
It sounds like if you can use docker then you're free to use anything which is good, via a dockerfile - but having images available without needing a load of existing knowledge is useful obviously.

It sounds like if you can use docker then you're free to use anything which is good, via a dockerfile - but having images available without needing a load of existing knowledge is useful obviously.
Yeah absolutely, I am not too familiar with Docker. I keep meaning to try it more, but I just haven't had a use case yet really. One of my friends is obsessed with it and keeps telling me I should use it more.

You're going to attract spammers unless you have auto-modertion on any posts/comments with links in. Important to act now while in its infancy imo.

Links should be exposed in plain text in brackets ( google.com ) , not hidden behind link text google.com , so it's obvious where the link is going.

Also, simply disallow any posts with obvious tracking domains, including affiliate domains, and shorteners (auto resolve where possible)

and also disallow typical tracking parameters, i.e. utm*, aff= sid, tid, etc.

end of recommendations.

EDIT: oh and completely disable links in signatures (even better, remove signatures altogether), make any "links" just plain text only, if they most exist.

Back