Domain name tools

Okay, this makes sense. Emails would usually be non-functional, often being on the same domain, but social/phone contacts should mostly be reachable. Attempts to contact previous owners by looking up their data were quite popular back in the day (especially when WHOIS showed the address), but I can't recall any big catches that way. I guess there were a few we didn't know about ;), but most ended up with the owner sending thanks for the reminder ;)
I landed a mid xxxx name using this method, acquired for low xxx and sold on DL.

It is hard to replicate though as most of the time hard to track down the original owner.

Reactions: dn
Okay, this makes sense. Emails would usually be non-functional, often being on the same domain, but social/phone contacts should mostly be reachable. Attempts to contact previous owners by looking up their data were quite popular back in the day (especially when WHOIS showed the address), but I can't recall any big catches that way. I guess there were a few we didn't know about ;), but most ended up with the owner sending thanks for the reminder ;)

I recall reading on Acorn a few times, people complaining how they contacted the domain owner to buy the odd domain before it drops and even reached the domain owner and gave an offer and the domains and it still dropped.

Waste of time for sure, but I think it might happen thought.

I never seen this work either and yes it’s also only going to give the heads up for sure.

I have added a rudimentary 'save' there which remembers your filter settings. However it is simply a cookie so may disappear.
This was needed for sure. I use your lists daily and it was the one thing that was lacking, so cheers!

Never understand why someone would want to look in droplists for more than 5/7 days in advance.

it's just a waste of time/resources, when the renewals are still in play?

The only reason I can think of is placing backorders via those services where one needs to be the first to secure the backorder.
But are any of those still left? and worth interacting with?

Agree, I look the night before and that's it. I used to look a few days ahead when the backorder sites that work on a first come first served basis actually had a slim chance of catching something, but no point now.

I use rdap.uk every day. I have it on a workflow via Alfred so I can quickly WHOIS any domain, works with most suffixes too like .com etc.

ScreenRecording2024-07-10at00.47.04-ezgif.com-video-to-gif-converter.gif

Back