• spam

• inbox

Results are only viewable after voting.

adm

helpful admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy points
Do you guys receive registration/notification e-mails from 4m straight to your Inbox or some end up in Spam? (please mark as "not spam", if so).

I've tried to launch it as soon as possible, but still took time to configure SPF/DMARC on this domain for better deliverability and in my own tests it worked well.

I joined and didn’t receive any registration email from 4m.uk not in inbox or spam.

Cheers

I joined and didn’t receive any email from 4m.uk not in inbox or spam.

Cheers
that's weird, you need to confirm e-mail before you can start posting.

"threads watched" posts come to inbox too.

"threads watched" posts come to inbox too.
Same here, but when I change the setting to not receive emails for watched threads, I still receive(d) them.

I've now unwatched the threads I was "watching".

Same here, but when I change the setting to not receive emails for watched threads, I still receive(d) them.
some lag before they stop, maybe? if not - I'll try to troubleshoot.

Everything I ever set up that requires emails goes through Mailgun. It's so cheap, even on PAYG and 100% reliable.

Everything I ever set up that requires emails goes through Mailgun. It's so cheap, even on PAYG and 100% reliable.
Unfortunately, emails through all of these services also end up in spam and rather often. It's only if you opt for a dedicated IP, have it's reputation pumped up and get very low bouncing rates, then things might start change for better. But then it's also heuristics of the message itself, which can trigger spam flags. Hotmail is notorious for marking as spam even emails sent from clean @gmail accounts or responses to previous communications to hotmail users (where they can easily match Message-ID's to see that the original message was coming from @hotmail itself and can't be faked in a response..) - still ends up in spam.

I've been using Mailgun for about 3 years now, never had those issues. But I can believe it happens, without a dedi IP. I guess some are unlucky. Granted, if it's a new domain, new IP, the SPF and DMARC aren't set up properly, things are going to go awry to begin with. A lot of email issues can be solved simply by gaining a good reputation with providers and regularly checking blacklists. You can just unban your IP's from SBL and shit if it's a mistake.

I use smtp2go. Never had any problems sending emails, even to hotmail. I had to as I was constantly getting blocked by all the free email providers.
yeah, they get delivered. it's not that you have blocks during the SMTP session - this shouldn't happen with any of those paid providers. The question is where each individual e-mail will end up in the user's mail folder structure - in 'spam' or 'inbox'. This can't be known or tracked (contrary to where email is sent to spam by user initiated action).

Back