Fruits.co

You didn't look very hard, did you. They have an FAQ section on the first page which answers your question about payouts:.
Except it doesn't. Where is the info on payments?

Just signed up, and there's little info on payments or the VAT element charged and only a "monthly" statement in regard to payments being made.

If someone's looking to mimic an outgoing Co such as Dan then I'd expect to see chapter & Verse on how you get your money, after basic registration you're directed to open a Stripe account. Does that mean you are essentially a retailer and could be subject to card clawbacks in the event of a suspected fraud!

Dan had all these things covered and payment within days, I've emailed Fruits for clarification and do hope they become a viable alternative to Afternic & Sedo.

Just signed up, and there's little info on payments or the VAT element charged and only a "monthly" statement in regard to payments being made.

If someone's looking to mimic an outgoing Co such as Dan then I'd expect to see chapter & Verse on how you get your money, after basic registration you're directed to open a Stripe account. Does that mean you are essentially a retailer and could be subject to card clawbacks in the event of a suspected fraud!

Dan had all these things covered and payment within days, I've emailed Fruits for clarification and do hope they become a viable alternative to Afternic & Sedo.
Perhaps that's how they can charge less fees, by essentially only being the marketplace, the seller is responsible for all card fees and potential chargebacks. I've had plenty of disputes with Stripe, if you can show Stripe that you have been legitimate, you have strong terms and conditions etc. you win a lot of the time. The issue is that a buyer must only be acting as a Business entity, because Consumers have much more protections in place. Of course, ultimately if someone scammed you out of a domain, you could maybe go to a DRS, but as you say, HASSLE.

Just received this reply:

Hi Paul, great to hear from you! fruits is the perfect alternative to dan.com. Currently the payouts are monthly, however, in the next couple of weeks we will launch weekly payouts. So this should not bother you.
UK companies (as merchants) do not have to pay VAT since it is a B2B transaction (0%)! The buyers have to pay the respective VAT of their country. E.g. Businesses 0%, third countries 0%, Private Persons (from EU or UK) the VAT of their respective country e.g. Germany 20%.

But you do not have to worry at all. We are doing invoicing and Credit Notes automatically for you.

On the face of it seems great news!

Back