Fruits

I've sold my first domain with fruits

Someone made me an offer about a week ago for goldcoins uk I accepted

Today I received an email saying congratulations on the sale and that the buyer has paid but it contains no instructions on who I suppose to transfer the domain to? or if I'm suppose to release to fruits tag or whatever the process is

I looked through my dashboard regarding the sale but there are no transfer instructions

Maybe I will receive a seperate email later with transfer instructions? I emailed them just in case I am missing something

Well done Murray - imo the transfer process is the most important issue. Dan is so smooth - looks like we're resigned to migrating to afternic/go daddy in a weeks time, but is their transfer process for .uk domains the same as dan? does anyone know. Is there any platform out there that is as smooth as dan? In the past week we have made two .uk sales on dan - very fast transfer and very fast payout. Really going to miss that. Please let us know how the fruits transfer goes.

Last edited:
I received this email from Fruits yesterday 👇

Thank you for your patience and your interest in our AI-Broker feature. We're excited to announce that we're ready to take the next step, and we want you to be part of this journey.

Our AI-Broker has already shown promising results, successfully enabling sales that previously seemed out of reach - all without human intervention. Now, we'd like to see what we can achieve together as we explore how this technology can work across a broader spectrum of domains.

Here's what we're offering:

• We invite you to send us up to 100 domains* that you'd like to test with the AI-Broker
  • In return, you'll receive a personal dashboard link to track the progress and results
Our goal is to understand in what ways an AI-powered approach can create opportunities in the market, and we're looking forward to your input. Together, we'll see how we can expand the potential of domain sales - one step at a time.

Ready to explore the possibilities? Send us your desired domains for the broker to broker@fruits.co

This is just the beginning. After some initial successes, we hope to involve even more merchants and work with more diverse portfolios. Let's embark on this journey to transform domain sales, one domain at a time.

Thank you again for being part of our story.

*The domains need to be configured in a way that they point to the respective fruits landing page.

Best regards,
Maximilian Schneider-Ludorff

I've boshed off a few names to see what happens.

Last edited:
I think Frau Schneider-Ludorff must have bought Maximilian a dictionary of English business jargon (aka waffle), and he's tried to use as much of it as possible in a single email:
  • excited to announce
  • take the next step
  • be part of this journey
  • a broader spectrum
  • create opportunities
  • expand the potential
  • one step at a time
  • explore the possibilities
  • just the beginning
  • embark on this journey
  • part of our story
Hilarious.

*The domains need to be configured in a way that they point to the respective fruits landing page.
All good in theory, but they can't even seem to do basic domain mapping automatically?

Past 24 hours now and no response on who I am suppose to be transferring this domain to, it says their typical reply time is 3 hours

It does say on the site

"Step 2: Transfer from the Seller to You
Once your payment has been secured, we will initiate the transfer of the domain name from the seller to you. You will receive the individual authentication code for your domain by e-mail."

Not 100% sure what that means tbh? I have transferred a domain to someone once by just releasing to godaddy and then I had to give them a godaddy code so maybe the process is releasing to fruits tag, do they even have a Nominet tag?

All a mystery atm😵‍💫

I contacted them again through their contact form, I included the sale invoice number, this time they contacted me back fairly quickly and said the following about the transfer

"You can send the AUTH Code directly via the fruits dashboard. You just need to click on "Sales", and then on the 3 dots on the rights side.
That is all you have to do."

I replied how will a code on your website transfer the domain from my Nominet account under my details and my tag

They replied

"Hello, I am sorry for the confusion. I just saw that you sold a .uk domain (and not a .com where a code is sufficient to move the domain), here you need the email of the buyer in order to transfer it from your registrar to the registrar of the buyer. The email address is the following: Email@email
Can you kick-off the transfer process with that information?
Best, Fabian"

The email given in his message was in the invoice (different from the email that made the offer) but there was no prompt from Fruits before this that I should transfer the domain to said email

Thankfully the buyer completed transfer very promptly, I asked about payout fruits replied it would be done automatically which I don't really understand since surely the buyer will need to tell them they have the domain?

I double checked and ask if it had been paid out they said "Yes, 100% ;)!"

Not showing in my bank account as of yet but we shall see

I contacted them again through their contact form, I included the sale invoice number, this time they contacted me back fairly quickly and said the following about the transfer

"You can send the AUTH Code directly via the fruits dashboard. You just need to click on "Sales", and then on the 3 dots on the rights side.
That is all you have to do."

I replied how will a code on your website transfer the domain from my Nominet account under my details and my tag

They replied

"Hello, I am sorry for the confusion. I just saw that you sold a .uk domain (and not a .com where a code is sufficient to move the domain), here you need the email of the buyer in order to transfer it from your registrar to the registrar of the buyer. The email address is the following: Email@email
Can you kick-off the transfer process with that information?
Best, Fabian"

The email given in his message was in the invoice (different from the email that made the offer) but there was no prompt from Fruits before this that I should transfer the domain to said email

Thankfully the buyer completed transfer very promptly, I asked about payout fruits replied it would be done automatically which I don't really understand since surely the buyer will need to tell them they have the domain?

I double checked and ask if it had been paid out they said "Yes, 100% ;)!"

Not showing in my bank account as of yet but we shall see
This does not inspire confidence. I hope you get your money.

This does not inspire confidence. I hope you get your money.
Agreed. Sounds similar to a Godaddy sale. They default send you instructions for a .com domain transfer process because they haven't bothered to look at the ccTLD. Dissapointing they don't deal with the transfer like Dan does (or should I say did!) too.

I don't think much of fruits.co tbh very bad customer service no one replies no live chat (n)

Good looking platforms with bad customer service are becoming common place, I would sooner do business with a site looking 20 years old but with amazing customer service than anything else.

Reminds me a bit of MythicBeasts. Amazing services slightly dated looking platform.

"Murray, we pay out 1x per month, always at the 15th of the following month. In your case the payout is the 15.11. for all transactions made in October. You will also receive a Credit Note that lists all transactions and the correct VAT so that you do not have to waste one second with billing/accounting."

"Murray, we pay out 1x per month, always at the 15th of the following month. In your case the payout is the 15.11. for all transactions made in October. You will also receive a Credit Note that lists all transactions and the correct VAT so that you do not have to waste one second with billing/accounting."
Is that anywhere on their website?

Not quite the "Yes, 100% ;)!" response you got previously when asking if payment had been made to you.

Is that anywhere on their website?

I just looked, kind of it says

"5.3.3 Credit is always paid out on the 15th of a calendar month to the bank account specified by the seller."

Before that it says

"5.3.2 The provider will provide the seller with a statement in text form for each month in which the provider has concluded a content contract for paid content from the seller. The provider sends the statement at the beginning of the calendar month following the conclusion of the content contract. The provider agrees to the electronic transmission of the statement."

Does that make it clear that after you conclude a month, they create a statement and payout on the 15th of the following month? idk

Idk why it isn't clearer on their site, the same with clear transfer instructions not being given

And I don't know why they didn't tell me this yesterday instead of yes 100%

I sent fruits the following

"Ok thank you, may I suggest the payout period being the following month after a sales concluded be put somewhere more clearly on the website? and another suggestion would be clear instructions for what a .UK seller is suppose to do after payment is made because there was nothing to prompt me to send a Nominet transfer email. Thanks for the help"

They replied

"Thanks so much for the feedback Murray. We will do that.
We will btw launch faster payouts in the next couple of weeks. We would love to keep on working with you!
All the best
Fabian"

Seems like theyre trying to improve which is good.

If they sit on the money for up to six weeks, it it held in a ring-fenced client account?

Back