Fruits

Kaleido

Reaction score
Trophy points
I've been looking for an alternative to DAN since GoDaddy got its clutches on it, hiked the commission and binned pricing in pounds.

I think I've found it at Fruits.co which charges 9.9% commission, enables pricing in pounds and handles the VAT.

Last edited:
That's how I found out about them. And I saved myself £450.

Last edited:
Thanks for heads up.

Fruits will be getting all these UK domainers trying the platform thanks to this thread and think it was because they got a table at the Summit :)

Thanks for heads up.

Fruits will be getting all these UK domainers trying the platform thanks to this thread and think it was because they got a table at the Summit :)
But the thread only exists because they got a table, so they wouldn't be far wrong. Credit where credit is due...

Does anyone know if they handle the transfer like dan.com?

I went to sign up email went in spam not a good sign.

Does anyone know if they handle the transfer like dan.com?

It's quite vague, but in buyers' section it says:

Step 2: Transfer from the Seller to You
Once your payment has been secured, we will initiate the transfer of the domain name from the seller to you. You will receive the individual authentication code for your domain by e-mail.

That suggests seller does transfer.

But it also says on lander pages:

Fast and hassle-free domain transfers
We usually transfer domains within 24 hours. First, the seller transfers the domain to us. We then send it to you by email, together with simple and clear transfer instructions.

So maybe they do!

Do they have a Nominet Tag?

Given the Dan news, a bump of this thread would seem to be in order.

Cannot find any info related to payout - can they pay out to a UK account in GBP, regardless of transaction currency?

No API? expected to copy/paste descriptions, logos, prices etc?

Any users have any feedback for those who moved across?

I've only listed about 100 domains so not had any offers or sales yet which is no surprise, will report back if I ever do

I used to use domainmanage but it seemed more often than not serious buyers would contact me through murraydomains

Cannot find any info related to payout - can they pay out to a UK account in GBP, regardless of transaction currency?

No API? expected to copy/paste descriptions, logos, prices etc?
You didn't look very hard, did you. They have an FAQ section on the first page which answers your question about payouts:

Each month, you as a seller will receive a payout of your total earnings to your payout account. You only need to complete the KYC process once before. The credit notes are sent as a PDF document by e-mail or can be downloaded from your menu. fruits is a sales platform based in Germany. For international sales, the calculation of VAT is complex due to the different tax rates in the various countries. fruits takes care of the invoicing and ensures that the VAT is paid correctly depending on the buyer's country.

If you want more in-depth information, you'd be advised to contact them directly. No mention of API assumes there is not one, but it might just be private. The marketplace appears to be targeted toward small sellers and not corporate sellers with large portfolios that need an API to upload 1000's of domain names.

Back