Recommendations for films, series, etc.,

diablo

Reaction score
Trophy points
I thought the thread of what's worth watching had been reignited on 4m, but couldn't find it.

Just wanted to throw FROM into the mix. Just started series 1 and it's worth giving a go.

Fans of Lost and zombie series and dystopian futures will definitely like it. It is billed as horror, but it isn't really.

A third series it out later this year.

On Sky Atlantic / Now TV.

FROM... yeah... don't get your hopes up for much past Season 1 though :D

Taken me a while to get round to it, but quite enjoying Yellowstone.

FROM... yeah... don't get your hopes up for much past Season 1 though :D

Taken me a while to get round to it, but quite enjoying Yellowstone.

Will let you know what I think of series 2!

Any other recommendations from anyone?

Fleebag was forced to watch it by the better half, not my type of program I said (loved it more than her in the end 😀).

Film- Wicked Little Letters is a true story. Currently on Netflix. Great cast and thoroughly enjoyable.

Season 2 of Silo will debut with its first episode arriving on Apple TV+ on Friday 15th November 2024, with new episodes arriving weekly after that. Apparently there will be four series in total.

Really enjoyed series one.

"In a bleak dystopian future, humanity clings to survival deep underground within the confines of a colossal silo. Juliette, an engineer tasked with unraveling the mystery behind the death of a colleague, uncovers startling secrets that threaten the very fabric of their enclosed world."

Season 2 of Silo will debut with its first episode arriving on Apple TV+ on Friday 15th November 2024, with new episodes arriving weekly after that. Apparently there will be four series in total.

Really enjoyed series one.

"In a bleak dystopian future, humanity clings to survival deep underground within the confines of a colossal silo. Juliette, an engineer tasked with unraveling the mystery behind the death of a colleague, uncovers startling secrets that threaten the very fabric of their enclosed world."
I too really enjoyed it and am looking forward to season 2.

I'm also looking forward to the second Night Agent season

I too really enjoyed it and am looking forward to season 2.

I'm also looking forward to the second Night Agent season
Yes, enjoyed Night Agent too. Do you know when season 2 is out?

Ok scrap my suggestion for outer range. After 2 great seasons amazon cancelled it. Surprise. We can have 100 seasons of mindless 20 minute drivel but nothing cerebral or slowburn.

Season 2 of Silo
Enjoyed Silo - wool.shift.dust as a set can be often picked up 2nd hand bookshops for ~10 and well worth reading

Recently finished watching Fallout which started to get better towards the end..

I did binge Expanse and prob will watch again.

Solar Opposites gets the odd giggle.

Last of Us is well made but just didnt grab me beyond the interesting opening flashbacks

V for Vendetta, Watchmen (the film, series was a bit meh), Starship Troopers, Equiilibrium, UltraViolet, are all films warranting a few rewatches

Waiting on Foundation season 3

Really hoping someone does a decent adaption of Revelation Space at some point

The limited watching time I have is currently getting shared between Blakes7, Millenium and filling in the gaps of Arrowverse having mostly stuck to Legends and Arrow originally.

Still got S2 of Good Omens, 3 Body Problem, some of Altered Carbon, Peripheral, Dark Matter and a few others to get to eventually,

Never finished Mr Robot, can't recall why now, Man in High Castle was too obvious/predictable to get through, but I know people who enjoyed it.

Sadly most of what I consider worth watching never gets a 2nd (or closing) season so leaves the story incomplete - Invasion, V (the reimagined ver), Carnivale, American Gods (faithful enough adaption but doesn't finish), Firefly etc

A lot of stuff that could have been great mired in 'issues' so audiences suffer because of directors/actors being a problem - which side of the "can art be appreciated once you know the history of the artist" argument is for a different day/venue.

"Barry" was a lot of fun. It had some really great episodes.

Sadly like a lot of TV shows it outstayed its welcome and ran for a few too many seasons.

Breaking Bad, Better Call Saul, Mr Robot was amazing. There's a series on Prime called "Halt and Catch Fire" which is brilliant. Loads, too many to mention. The Gentlemen is really good at the moment, 3 Body Problem, Beef to name a few others.

I recently watched the Pusher trilogy, it was Mads Mikkelsens acting debut. Really good Danish gritty crime drama with a lot of dry Danish humour. They are availabe on Prime.

Black Summer - Zombie films / series were never my thing at all but this was one was done really well, heads and shiulders above the rest IMO.

I'm going to be starting Mr Robot this weekend actually after it being reccomended.

Watched Klitschko: More Than a Fight last night (it's on Sky / Now TV)

Excellent documentary with footage of his work as mayor of Kviv entwined with his boxing career, including early footage.

I have just started watching "For those about to die" - Up to Episode 3, very good so far
Also If you liked "The Walking Dead" check out the spin off series "The Walking Dead: Daryl Dixon"

Some others that I've really enjoyed:
Vikings
Black Sails
The Man in the High Castle

Back