Sin City

Last edited:
What's the source of this screenshot?

Domainsummit.com now wants an unlock code to enter so I can't check there, but there's no mention of this on either Acorn or DNF.

And assuming it's 2025 and not 2026, it also allows very little time to arrange and sell tickets.

Is this a spoof?

Looks like a joke. Nobody would arrange a Domain Summit so close to ICA's in the same city surely.

Domainsummit.com now wants an unlock code to enter so I can't check there, but there's no mention of this on either Acorn or DNF.

And assuming it's 2025 and not 2026, it also allows very little time to arrange and sell tickets.

Is this a spoof?
If you disable Javascript then load the website, you'll be able to see it.

Why not? Ever heard of game theory?

Domainers will have booked travel and accommodation if going to ICA. The same people are unlikely to now want to change those plans, arrive a week early to attend both events and kill five days in between. So if game theory is at play here, it's not very good game theory.

If you disable Javascript then load the website, you'll be able to see it.
Thanks for the tip.

So not a spoof then. My next thought was that perhaps there had been a last-minute venue cancellation and he'd stepped in and got a big discount, but that seems unlikely because the venue is showing as "TBC".

Looks like a joke. Nobody would arrange a Domain Summit so close to ICA's in the same city surely.
It's not just the ICA meeting five days later, there's also the directly competing Domainer Expo seven weeks earlier.

So the bottom line is that unless it's held in a small venue like the first London summit, with modest attendance expectations, I don't see how this can possibly succeed at such short notice.

I really hope that anyone who's extended him credit to put this on has done their due diligence and knows the risk they're taking.

He's just started multiple threads on DNForum (but not Acorn) advertising and linking to each and every upcoming domain event....except his own. Bizarre.

DNForum Screenshot 19 Oct 2024.jpg

Perhaps hoping to get a link exchange?
Possibly, but he's already linked to them gratis, and even if they were willing to reciprocate, at the moment domainsummit.com redirects to his flickr page with absolutely no mention of his proposed Las Vegas event.

Possibly, but he's already linked to them gratis, and even if they were willing to reciprocate, at the moment domainsummit.com redirects to his flickr page with absolutely no mention of his proposed Las Vegas event.
It's all in the bigger picture mate. Helmuts the unassuming Russian mole

Back