SLAINE

ben

Reaction score
Trophy points
Anyone know where this guy is? Letting tons of good names drop. Looks concerning.

Looking at the droplists, they are dropping a load of mediocre .uk's that they didn't want to renew presumably.

Anyone know where this guy is? Letting tons of good names drop. Looks concerning.
Yes, but they all seem to be .uks, and in the handful I've checked they don't own the .co.uk.

Have you found any they're dropping where they do own the .co.uk?

Either way, I think this takes us back to the .uk versus .co.uk debate in "The .uk domains spotted in the wild thread".

Looking at the droplists, they are dropping a load of mediocre .uk's that they didn't want to renew presumably.
Really? 495 odd domains? Probably 80% of them have been registered. Tons of LLL's? Why do people let these drop, rather than taking the almost guaranteed (at least) £50 on DL?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-10-07 at 19.29.22.png
    Screenshot 2024-10-07 at 19.29.22.png
    93.5 KB · Views: 19
Yes, but they all seem to be .uks, and in the handful I've checked they don't own the .co.uk.

Have you found any they're dropping where they do own the .co.uk?

Either way, I think this takes us back to the .uk versus .co.uk debate in "The .uk domains spotted in the wild thread".
I haven't checked any to be honest. It just takes me back to when HANCO (Ty Hancock) dropped tons of his .uk domain names and it turns out, something unfortunate happened to him.

I remember an Acorn thread in which people were asking if anyone knew what had become of Ty Hancocks, but I don't recall the outcome and I can't find the thread now.

That thread referenced another member called Alex Ellis who had died previously, so are you sure you're not mixing the two of them up?

I remember an Acorn thread in which people were asking if anyone knew what had become of Ty Hancocks, but I don't recall the outcome and I can't find the thread now.

That thread referenced another member called Alex Ellis who had died previously, so are you sure you're not mixing the two of them up?
No, one of Ty’s relatives contacted me and told me something had happened. He asked me to call him but I never got around to it and now my account on deadcorn is gone.

Really? 495 odd domains? Probably 80% of them have been registered. Tons of LLL's? Why do people let these drop, rather than taking the almost guaranteed (at least) £50 on DL?
Time, other interests, no guarantee they would all sell at auction.

Also just because a name has been registered doesn't mean it has value, and outside of the ones that have been booked at public catchers people are paying £5 for them.

The regiatrant may not be in the wholesale aftermarket and only sell to end users.

They could of already made their money and left.

Maybe they don't rate dot uks anymore.

Looks like the company had a strike off rejected, could be caught up in that.

There is a million reasons why they are dropping.

Exacts.co.uk is still live and has contact details.

Reactions: ben
Hope TY is OK, bought and sold from him in the past.

• 100%
Hope TY is OK, bought and sold from him in the past.
I need to catch up with the contact, I think it was his grandfather or something I forget. I have his number somewhere.

Which ones are good that are dropping?

I'm curious if he's dropping things he just thinks are garbage.

Which ones are good that are dropping?

I'm curious if he's dropping things he just thinks are garbage.
Well I would have thought any of the LLL's would be worth keeping, even to just stick on DL and collect £50 minimum. But there are some fairly decent one word .uk's in there that have been re-registered. Some of them I would class as a bit shit, yes they're a word but theres' no use case for example.

radar.uk ... premium if you ask me.
nli.uk ... premium LLL if you ask me.
reaper.uk etc.

Just seems a bit odd.

Well, that fucking sucks.

Well, that fucking sucks.
I'm desperately trying to remember who it was that told me.
I may have to go back over to the dark side and ask just to confirm......

• Haha
Back