Twitter

That Twitter moved to x.com?

So do you think they will drop the .co.uk?
Well, that’s just not the same. There’s .co.uk has a DR of 70, the .uk 0 lol. I think had they used the .co.uk the same way as .uk they would drop it, and it would make sense to. They would both be useless to anyone but Twitter, it’s trademarked, and it’s now branded as X. But they seem to have used .co.uk for some SEO purpose, it’s still valuable to them, I don’t think they’ll drop it probably ever, but certainly not for another 5/10 years. But I could be totally wrong. Realistically, the .com is the only worthwhile asset long term as it’s the root domain, but they’ll never get rid of that. If they do they’re stupid.

Msn.uk and a load of other Microsoft ones also dropped.

Is Twitter/X even the current registrant? Whois shows a different registrar to the .co.uk.

Is Twitter/X even the current registrant? Whois shows a different registrar to the .co.uk.

probably since it was registered in 2014 and you would have needed to have been the .co.uk holder to do that

The only worth in these and even the .co.uk were nostalgia. I remember a while back catching maduber
CSC-CORP-DOMAINS and MARKMONITOR, both brand protection companies, hold both.

Notwithstanding the X rebrand, the cost of retention was so low that I can only assume this has been dropped by mistake. Not a good look for Markmonitor.

So who will grab it I wonder...

Notwithstanding the X rebrand, the cost of retention was so low that I can only assume this has been dropped by mistake. Not a good look for Markmonitor.

So who will grab it I wonder...
Probably nobody if they have a brain.

I didn’t realise they didn’t own the .co.uk, that’s interesting.

There's only one - like Skype.uk, msn.uk, attempt a scummy move to resell them their own brand name.

If anyone feels like trying this I would definitely price it under the cost of a DRS.

Reactions: ben
Slight tangent from the .uk but interesting background to the .co.uk domain

So looks like they would have owned it in 2014
All he wanted was for them to fix the email "problem"!!...... Or pay £30k.

Twitter.uk is due to drop in around 1 hours time.

Who is going after it then? :unsure:

Reactions: ben
I don't think it matters too much, it'll be an abusive registration in anyone's hands but Twitter/X - DRS have made decisions for cases like these before.

Twitter.uk is due to drop in around 1 hours time.

Who is going after it then? :unsure:
Wish we could make a poll and have people bet on various tags that might find themselves with it @dn @adm pretty please?

Back