*ummit Questions 2024

• Thread starter Thread starter Teamnet
  • Start date Start date
T

Teamnet

I will be at the ****** in London. Any questions you would like to ask people going. Will anyone here be there. What do you want to know.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice to have Branden there. I've tried to buy from him before but if I remember it was around $300k which was a bit too steep for us at the time. Was a cracking domain though.

I see Andrew Miller is now their broker. Also a good guy.

I'm just interested in buying a selling premium domains on an occasional basis if they fit my portfolio. If I was going to a conference it would probably be EdTech, but I'm sure it will be useful for the right people.

I will be at the Summit in London. Any questions you would like to ask people going.
Which .it.com domains did they have to register in order to buy their tickets?

Last edited:
I will be at the Summit in London. Any questions you would like to ask people going. Will anyone here be there. What do you want to know.
It is probably worth looking into the very recent history of why 4M exists, why there was a huge exodus from Acorn to UKDNF, and then to here https://4m.uk/threads/ukdnf-post-mortem.5/ covers some of it.

There have been multiple threads elsewhere on the event however most ended up being deleted by the organiser. Thus I imagine the less than serious replies above 👀

This was a FAKE account, not related to Team Internet.

Someone is rigorously trying to either advertise "the summit" or stir some more controversy in here.

Will have to stop allowing registrations from public/anonymous e-mail addresses, it seems.

Now I feel like an idiot... :mad:

I've just asked to connect to Michael on LinkedIn following his post here.

He kindly accepted... which was good of him considering it wasn't him actually posting...

Hah... yep, I saw that Andrew.

If 40 or 50 of the people I've traded with over the last 15+ years were all going to be there... it would feel like a very worthwhile visit.
ie. some of the most prolific private domainers in the UK space.

If I want a broker, I already know some.
If I want to buy through Sedo or another platform, then I know people I can turn to.

I think I must be missing something...

Free tickets available now if you'd like to go?

Where does it say that? The park warden's last post was about some stickers showing a cat that looked to be in freefall having fallen out of a tree. I thought this was meant to symbolise the current state of the Acorn until I read his very tenuous explanation for the cat.

And as @diablo says, where does this leave those who've paid, whether it's £450 or anything else? Has he just pissed off another group of people?

Surprise!

Did you know London is a global tech powerhouse, home to over 18,000 tech companies? Imagine the connections you could have!

We've just released a limited number of free 1-day tickets for the Domain Summit on Eventbrite.

These sponsored 1-day tickets are for solopreneurs and small companies with up to 5 employees.

In-person connections can transform your business. Face-to-face meetings often lead to faster deals, stronger partnerships, and significant financial growth. In an IT world dominated by online connections, a new business friend can elevate your business and finances to a new level.

Picture yourself mingling with industry leaders, learning from the best, and expanding your business horizons—all in one day.

The opportunity is right here, waiting for you. But act fast - these free tickets won't last long!

Experience the Ultimate Networking...

Experience the Best domain Event in the UK

Experience Domain Summit...

Not registered yet? Claim your free 1-day ticket now: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/967626305327

Me at Domain Summit.

And as @diablo says, where does this leave those who've paid, whether it's £450 or anything else? Has he just pissed off another group of people?

Looking at it, the free ticket is only for one day, and no doubt excludes some events.

Ah, Paris, the city of lovers...

So are they actually there, or is someone making mischief with Photoshop?

Either way, this picture is crying out for a caption/speech bubble competition, so here's my entry:

Attachments

• Helmuts and Ryan.jpg
    Helmuts and Ryan.jpg
    326.5 KB · Views: 43
Back