*ummit Questions 2024

• Thread starter Thread starter Teamnet
  • Start date Start date
I would be wary of those detectors, as they do have flaws.
You are right, I ran it through other detectors just now and they say that it 10% isn't AI written. I've deleted my original post and apologies on that one to all involved. There is no reliable evidence either way from any software tools.

I think Cav meant it's easier said than done, perhaps with an air of jest, because there isn't any real "current and plausible" threads.
The humour in this thread is obviously too subtle for me. I've only just got Kaleido's sponsorship joke in post #50.

The Harry Willson post is an obvious puff piece and looks like it's AI generated to me. Three reasons:
  • It re-opens a 13 month old thread about last year's summit.
  • It was posted after this year's summit had ended, but still refers to the summit in the future tense ("Looking forward to seeing how this app will streamline interactions at the summit!")
  • It uses an Oxford comma at the end of the second sentence.

Just looked through photos of the Summit. Looks like it was well attended. Recognised Andrew, but not many others. Pleased he had success. Feel a little nostalgic for those meet-ups of the past!

https://www.dnjournal.com/archive/lowdown/2024/dailyposts/0827.htm

Did anyone from the UK domain community (businesses or individuals) actually attend?

"A little over 250 attendees" according to Helmuts, but no indication of how many of those were speakers and exhibitors.

Given his frequently-expressed confidence that what he's done at Acorn is the right thing (for example, describing it as a "huge victory" in this post) I'm surprised he didn't mention it to the hack who wrote this fawning piece.

However, he does allude to it by saying "I was naturally worried that no-one would actually turn up...", so perhaps he's not so confident after all?

Back