Useful websites, apps, and tools

seemly

Reaction score
Trophy points
I have posted this previously (at UKDNF) when I was sorting out my bookmarks. Luckily I'd saved the bulk of it, so it's easy enough for me to publish again.

Hopefully some of you will find at least one or 2 that you might not have stumbled across before that you might possibly find useful.
  1. Project Ideas
  2. Design
  3. Code
  4. Performance
  5. Tools
  6. Services

Last edited:

Project Ideas:

Exploding Topics
Discover rapidly growing topics before they take off.

Reddit List
Discover the most active sub-reddits.

Unbundling Reddit

Product Hunt
Discover new apps and projects that could provide some inspiration.

Neal Fun
A collection of mini-apps and games that could provide some project inspiration.

Tiny Helpers
Looks like it's a little broken at the moment, but a large collection of useful mini-apps and tools.

Last edited:

Design

Colors and Fonts
Color & typography tools for web developers & digital designers.

Collect UI
UI design inspiration categorised by type.

Commerce Cream
A showcase of beautiful ecommerce experiences that are powered by Shopify.

Really Good Emails
A huge catalog of email marketing templates, grouped by type.

Vector Magic
Convert raster images to vector file formats (not free).

Iconoir
Free icon library.

Undraw
Open-source illustrations for any idea you can imagine and create.

Storyset
Free customizable illustrations for your next project

Photopea
A free online image editor. A more basic version of Photoshop available from your browser. This app is super useful for programmatically generating image thumbnails using a template.

Screely
Make your screenshots look better.

Carbon
Make your code snippet screenshots look better.

Animista
A collection of pre-made CSS animations, tweak them and get only those you will actually use.

Remove BG
Remove backgrounds from images automatically.

Last edited:
Last edited:

Performance

wsrv.nl
An image cache (CDN) & resize service

Web Vitals patterns
A collection of performant UI patterns to improve your Core Web Vitals scores.

Last edited:

Tools

Squoosh
Browser based image compression and conversion.

Uptime Robot
Uptime monitoring service, free tier has up to 50 monitors.

htaccess tester
Test your htaccess rewrite rules

HTTP Status
Easily check status codes, response headers, and redirect chains.

Octopus
Visual sitemap builder and website planner.

CyberChef
A plethora of developer based tools for converting, decoding, compressions, formatting, etc.

Share Drop
Easily and securely share files directly between devices without uploading them to any server first.

Hoppscotch
Browser based Postman app alternative (API endpoint tester).

Coolors
Extract colour palettes from your photos (amongst other tools).

Get average colour of an image

My Noise
Immersive and customizable soundscapes that can enhance focus, relaxation, and sleep.

Table Topy
An RPG sound generator. Or just use it for background ambience (filters at bottom of screen).

Last edited:
Some amazing tools I'd never seen before @seemly - Some I didn't even know I needed, thanks for that, really appreciated and I'll be using a few of them on the next build.

I have posted this previously (at UKDNF) when I was sorting out my bookmarks. Luckily I'd saved the bulk of it, so it's easy enough for me to publish again.

Hopefully some of you will find at least one or 2 that you might not have stumbled across before that you might possibly find useful.
  1. Project Ideas
  2. Design
  3. Code
  4. Performance
  5. Tools
I love VectorMagic, I just signed up to their monthly subscription. I use it to create vector art from some of my photography for Tales from the Trees, like this:

Another good one for the design category is coolors.co (edited), proper smart colour palette tool (and more). Great list though.

Last edited:
I love VectorMagic, I just signed up to their monthly subscription. I use it to create vector art from some of my photography for Tales from the Trees, like this:

Another good one for the design category is coolers.co, proper smart colour palette tool (and more). Great list though.
Regarding coolors.co (typo in your post) - Agreed, this is a fantastic website, and I do actually have this bookmarked already. I've had a promote/demote system for bookmarks for a few years now. I'm a bit weird like that, but it makes sure I keep a concise list of genuinely useful bookmarks!

Can't say I've ever used VectorMagic, but I've seen a lot of people recommend it within the 3D printing circles I also participate in, so it must be good!

Reactions: ben
Regarding coolors.co (typo in your post) - Agreed, this is a fantastic website, and I do actually have this bookmarked already. I've had a promote/demote system for bookmarks for a few years now. I'm a bit weird like that, but it makes sure I keep a concise list of genuinely useful bookmarks!

Can't say I've ever used VectorMagic, but I've seen a lot of people recommend it within the 3D printing circles I also participate in, so it must be good!

It's funny because I literally always spell it wrong when I'm going to the website, and I'm ALWAYS saying, "Oh no, has it closed down?" :ROFLMAO:

I remember bookmarking this and never getting round to reading it. I'll bookmark it again (y)

Just found

Manager.io

free offline accounting software, even I can use it. Can use for Multi-Companies and businesses.
Impressed with that one.

Thanks for this, I actually have finding some basic accounting software on my todo list (y)

Services​

Veeqo
Effortlessly manage your ecommerce inventory and shipping using all-in-one software. Save costs with low rates, automation, and hassle-free tools.

Thank you very much for compiling this list, very useful.

???

You gonna post the same thing every couple weeks?
I forgot I posted earlier in the thread, two months ago.

???
Is there any particular reason you needed to post this comment?

Is there any reason you needed to be so rude?

Back