UKDNF post mortem

• Thread starter Thread starter dn
  • Start date Start date
'the old owner of UKDNF in a lot of trouble' -
Disgusting; it is reasonable and it is beyond reasonable doubt that if this person is responding to you in this manner they have taken an equal tone, if not worse, with UKDNF's owner who has the red button capability on the thread(s).
I'll reply more later, just need to clarify this one. This wasn't Ryan, it was from a third party, but ultimately the source of their thinking in my opinion would have been almost certainly Ryan.

It wasn't a threat from this third party, I believe that person to have been genuinely concerned about Aaron and saying it to protect Aaron. Their assumptions would have most likely been passed across from Ryan, which is why I mention it. I believe there was overwhelming evidence from multi sources that threats of financial consequences would have resulted if Ryan's instructions weren't followed by Aaron.

Last edited:
UKDNF being mentioned on Acorn in a thread? That is the Brandable owners banned 😂

Afternoon fellow swamp-dwellers of the new little thing,

Noticed elsewhere the mention of this 'Nominet' logo, by 'Diablo' that appears on the 'Brandable/uk' main homepage below the search bar.

'I see you have gone with what appears to imply Nominet involvement. I'm not comfortable with this as it is misleading.'

It is misleading Diablo, in fact;-

'The Consumer Protection from Unfair Trading Regulations 2008

SCHEDULE 1

1. Claiming to be a signatory to a code of conduct when the trader is not.

2. Displaying a trust mark, quality mark or equivalent without having obtained the necessary authorisation.'

you'll find, legislation.gov.uk thinks so too.

his decision to kill it all completely, instead of transferring the ownership
It would be / would have been at least useful to still be able to login to extract any data/posts/etc even if the forum wasn't public and all threads went to the announcement.

Managing an active forum is not a trivial task, so I am thankful to Aaron for putting that effort in, gathering together a community, many of whom I see are migrating here.

I wish him well.

UKDNF being mentioned on Acorn in a thread? That is the Brandable owners banned 😂

DomainAngel and impact have just been muted for a week initially for inappropriate behaviour, under His eye.

Funniest thread I've read in a long time.

Funniest thread I've read in a long time.
You beat me to it….. the little nut forum is showing a spark of life…. put the defibrillator back in its box

I did see what he wrote earlier, I thought it was warranted. If the old old owner had banned him, still took his money for premium membership and refused to give it back, then yes he deserved to be called out.

It's comedy gold that forum

Does Frank "DomainSeller200" know about this place?

I did see what he wrote earlier, I thought it was warranted. If the old old owner had banned him, still took his money for premium membership and refused to give it back, then yes he deserved to be called out.

It's comedy gold that forum

Does Frank "DomainSeller200" know about this place?
Yes seems pretty bad...

Yes all seems a bit crazy not sure why Helmuts looks so sad now 😄efe_20240710043424_99199_d773e_73aba.png

why would you instruct him to "introduce yourself"?

why would you instruct him to "introduce yourself"?
Really?

It's tradition, and general courtesy upon introducing yourself in the 'Introductions' section of a forum to actually introduce yourself. You know:
  1. A little bit of background about you.
  2. Your skills and/or experience maybe.
  3. In such a niche forum, listing your best and worst domains, which is almost tradition on acorn.
Have you ever introduced yourself in person, not given a name, and not provided any details whatsoever in order to strike up a conversation, or enable a networking opportunity?

yeah, I don't know the whole context, but the tone of your message (as shown) sounds rude. I can understand acorn admin reaction because they strive to preserve a "happy" atmosphere (which is the other end of the extreme).

I personally would offer to take a hike for someone instructing me to introduce myself, which I'd do at my pace and discretion, even when posting in "introductions" section.

If someone introduces themselves by asserting that they have come to help, one wonders with what. After all, no help has been asked for, and not everyone's help is welcome (people who get off by taking charge of situations and trying to control people for instance). It would be better manners to outline some the areas you have experience with and to offer to help anyone out if anyone needs it. In any case, Seemly's response is way below the threshold of rudeness that would warrant the attention of a typical forum moderator. It looks you are a marked man Seemly.

If someone introduces themselves by asserting that they have come to help, one wonders with what.
I think he was just flirting (oh shit I speak with the dropped domains).
So didn't deserve a harsh rebuff.

Seemly's response is way below the threshold of rudeness that would warrant the attention of a typical forum moderator.
Agree. But we are not talking about typical forum, but Acorn under Helmuts is a "blissful haven institute" =)

yeah, I don't know the whole context, but the tone of your message (as shown) sounds rude. I can understand acorn admin reaction because they strive to preserve a "happy" atmosphere (which is the other end of the extreme).

I personally would offer to take a hike for someone instructing me to introduce myself, which I'd do at my pace and discretion, even when posting in "introductions" section.
I guess it depends what mood you're in when you read it. Try reading it with a smile on your face.

The wink emoji in the initial introductory post sets the tone/context, which is clearly antagonistic. The wording of my message wasn't rude, so the interpretation from the reader is on them.

The same as people who read the same religious writings, yet interpret them in entirely different ways.

I guess it depends what mood you're in when you read it. Try reading it with a smile on your face.

The wink emoji in the initial introductory post sets the tone/context, which is clearly antagonistic. The wording of my message wasn't rude, so the interpretation from the reader is on them.

The same as people who read the same religious writings, yet interpret them in entirely different ways.
I genuinely wouldn't put too much effort into trying to reform the other place mate. He's been offered all the help he needs from people who are quite experienced on forums and setting up events. It's him that's chosen to dismiss it all from people like yourself. I think everyone has done all they can.

Now an alternative is here again, it's time to just wish them the best and let them get on with whatever direction they want to travel in and the rest of us do what we do here.

Maybe time to just hit delete on the old account?

Speaking from personal experience, it's a great deal more gratifying to depart in the blaze of a permanent ban.

Last edited:

but you were not writing it with a "smile on your face", why you expect the reader to read it with a smile? the smilies help indicate what mood you are in when writing (and what mood you expect to pass to the reader). if your message conveyed a positive mood, I bet you'd never heard from the admin. Yes, it's all open to the interpretation and I am just giving you an angle. I would struggle to interpret the original message of the poster "I thought I'd lend a helping hand" with a wink as "opposing or hostile". But since you did, it kinda confirms that your response was written with a similar connotation. And it triggered a reaction from the "happy forum", nothing at all surprising.

I genuinely wouldn't put too much effort into trying to reform the other place mate. He's been offered all the help he needs from people who are quite experienced on forums and setting up events. It's him that's chosen to dismiss it all from people like yourself. I think everyone has done all they can.

Now an alternative is here again, it's time to just wish them the best and let them get on with whatever direction they want to travel in and the rest of us do what we do here.

Maybe time to just hit delete on the old account?

Agreed. Leave the 3 of them to their echo chamber, it's only gonna be a source of frustration for you.

Back