UKDNF post mortem

• Thread starter Thread starter dn
  • Start date Start date
Last night I watched as Ryan posted on several different topics in a few minutes. Each one was about how it was great that there was no negativity and how he was happy people had left and had a wonderful day talking to people about domains etc. It became clear that it is an echo chamber. As such I think it's better just to leave it as it is - no point continually looking for an argument. I would post if there was anything interesting to talk about but .it subdomains, emoji domains, bad gtlds, and 'networking' for the sake of 'networking' don't interest me. It is what it is - a place to list domains for sale whilst hoping search engines pick them up or they reach at least one or two relevant eyeballs. Let's not just become a forum that only exists to glance bitterly at them. If nobody posts there it won't be long before their conversation (which long ago stopped being about uk domains, the industry, or the companies involved) dries up. It won't make any difference.

Last edited:
It is what it is - a place to list domains for sale whilst hoping search engines pick them up or they reach at least one or two relevant eyeballs.

You guys need to all go one step further.

You resellers could help kill Acorn by not even posting your wares on there. As one of your biggest buyers its of zero help to me whatsoever - we check DL & UKBA daily. At this point it's clearly a sinking ship, time to bail on it and concentrate efforts elsewhere. What's the point of discussing anything if it offends a site sponsor and they openly tag the admin asking for its removal. Thats not a discussion its a dictatorship for him and his paying buddies.

Last night I watched as Ryan posted on several different topics in a few minutes. Each one was about how it was great that there was no negativity and how he was happy people had left and had a wonderful day talking to people about domains etc. It became clear that it is an echo chamber. As such I think it's better just to leave it as it is - no point continually looking for an argument. I would post if there was anything interesting to talk about but .it subdomains, emoji domains, bad gtlds, and 'networking' for the sake of 'networking' don't interest me. It is what it is - a place to list domains for sale whilst hoping search engines pick them up or they reach at least one or two relevant eyeballs. Let's not just become a forum that only exists to glance bitterly at them. If nobody posts there it won't be long before their conversation (which long ago stopped being about uk domains, the industry, or the companies involved) dries up. It won't make any difference.

Agree 100% with this. Time to move on.

It would probably be more productive for everyone for all discussions to be channeled into one forum, but with the massive proviso that it was run properly and free speech within reason was allowed etc.

We don't have enough to say between us all in this narrow little niche, it's madness to spread discussion over various places. Pick one good home and stick to it. For the last 10 years that would have been Acorn if you asked me. Its definitely not in recent months.

Back