Is it Time to Stop the Bitterness Towards Acorn Domains?

Bottom line is, if you don't like the forum or Helmuts or other people there, just stop visiting it. That is the best thing you can do.
The second best thing you could do is not start a thread that has the potential to get people to bring that negativity into our new home - not once, but twice! 😉

I think giving people a place to vent can be a good thing. What has happened can take some time for people to get over. Venting is part of the healing process.

Just see it as us helping to reduce the time it takes for someone to do their due diligence before getting into any kind of business with Helmuts Meskonis.

The second best thing you could do is not start a thread that has the potential to get people to bring that negativity into our new home - not once, but twice! 😉

I think giving people a place to vent can be a good thing. What has happened can take some time for people to get over. Venting is part of the healing process.

Just see it as us helping to reduce the time it takes for someone to do their due diligence before getting into any kind of business with Helmuts Meskonis.
Except there are a number of threads already on the forum about it and another thread of people asking for posts from UKDNF, which this one was.

Happy for it to be deleted!

Happy for it to be deleted!
I really hope that's a joke.

You started a thread about AD and its proprietor, and that's exactly what we're talking about, so the thread hasn't been derailed at all.

• 100%
Reactions: ben
I was culled yesterday morning at the same time as you and DomainZone I think - along with Ryan's entire "positivity thread".

Helmuts reminds me of the helmet-wearing Black Knight in Monty Python and the Holy Grail. I'm sure everyone on this forum knows the sketch I'm referring to, but on the off-chance that the man himself is looking in (and I bet he does), here it is:

More seriously, I actually feel very sorry for the guy. Deep down he must know that he's really messed this up, so I imagine he's in emotional turmoil at the moment.
Strange tbh, as I have not been deleted.

Strange tbh, as I have not been deleted.

All Acorners are equal, but some Acorners are more equal than others...

All Acorners are equal, but some Acorners are more equal than others...

Idk Jeff, I feel like if the Purple Helmet was deleting people, I should have been on my way by now after my post giving gratitude to Aaron on Ryan's "positivity" thread. I've debated whether or not I will delete my Acorn account, and I empathised with the rhetoric @seemly had in (perhaps this?) another post, about spending years building up content on a forum only to delete it. But I feel like I don't want my content there anymore, the forum is toxic, and it has digressed into something without a soul.

That being said, I feel like you're unintentionally trying to censor peoples thoughts and opinions @DJ. This is still fresh in peoples minds, and people are angry (rightly so) about the state of Acorn, which personally I believe to be a community that is now single handedly being demolished.

I think we all need to remember that we want this new space to be somewhere open and safe for everyones opinions and views, not just the ones we agree with. Good debate is about hearing the hard truths and the opinions we don't want to listen to, because they aren't our own.

Just my two cents.

Is there an Acorn delete button? I took a took a look at the most recent Terms and it states that deletions aren't possible... If you want your account removed then they will obsufcate the username as "deactivated-member-XXX" and thats about it.
I'm quite sure that GDPR law grants the right to be forgotten so I'm unsure if that part of Acorns terms is entirely legal anyway.

Is there an Acorn delete button? I took a took a look at the most recent Terms and it states that deletions aren't possible... If you want your account removed then they will obsufcate the username as "deactivated-member-XXX" and thats about it.
I'm quite sure that GDPR law grants the right to be forgotten so I'm unsure if that part of Acorns terms is entirely legal anyway.
I've been wondering the same thing Andrew, especially the GDPR part. I think I will make a subject access request to Acorn, based on the recent data breach, I am curious what data they hold on me (or any other member).

Idk Jeff, I feel like if the Purple Helmet was deleting people, I should have been on my way by now after my post giving gratitude to Aaron on Ryan's "positivity" thread. I've debated whether or not I will delete my Acorn account, and I empathised with the rhetoric @seemly had in (perhaps this?) another post, about spending years building up content on a forum only to delete it. But I feel like I don't want my content there anymore, the forum is toxic, and it has digressed into something without a soul.

Yes, and I see that your post is still up - but in the gratitude thread. The positivity thread has been deleted.

I didn't take a screenshot unfortunately, but from memory my contribution to the gratitude thread went even further, thanking Aaron, GreyWing "for his informative blog" and Atlas and Elife-MZ "for putting up with a difficult business partner". Again from memory, Helmuts liked my post!!

As to whether you should ask for your content to be deleted, that is a decision only you can make my friend.

• Cheers
Yes, and I see that your post is still up - but in the gratitude thread. The positivity thread has been deleted.

I didn't take a screenshot unfortunately, but from memory my contribution to the gratitude thread went even further, thanking Aaron, GreyWing "for his informative blog" and Atlas and Elife-MZ "for putting up with a difficult business partner". Again from memory, Helmuts liked my post!!

As to whether you should ask for your content to be deleted, that is a decision only you can make my friend.
If it's any consolation, I found your post to be humorous.

If it's any consolation, I found your post to be humorous.
Well at least you got the joke. The fact that Helmuts obviously didn't get it is, I think, a large part of the problem.

I requested my account and all posts to be deleted. Helmuts honoured the request.

Funny thing is it starts to mess up the context of threads I was involved with, further devaluing the forum's historic content.

For example, based on this thread; I done some custom queries, calculated the most popular day and time for a domainlore auction to finish, then wrote and published a blog article on it.

And this one from @ben where he now looks to be arguing with me through made up quotes in my name. I would have preferred that even my quotes were deleted, too. I'm not sure why these couldn't have been deleted at the same time, as they are still attributed to my old user ID.

Last edited:
When you're running some test queries on what you thought was anything but production...

• Haha
its ok he updated it so he has a Facebook verified badge all is ok :ROFLMAO:

Attachments

• assds.jpg
    assds.jpg
    268.3 KB · Views: 23
Back up now with a lengthy post about what he's trying to achieve with AD. Nothing new, and still no definition or examples of what exactly constitutes an attack or an insult, as opposed to valid criticism or questions.

Interestingly he claims that at least one account was deleted "acciently" (sic). "Ocasionally (sic) you can remove a rose when it is surrounded by weeds." I'm sure that must be me so I've changed my signature accordingly.

He followed up seven minutes later with news of the first corporate reaction to the new regime: Titan Research have cancelled tomorrow's dinner...

Last edited:
The humble pie is off.

Back