Ryan - AMA

everyday i live my best life and i don't like negativity.
Will pick this up tomorrow but yes @Kaleido is a cunt and a despicable human being
Sorry, but these two quotes are wildly inconsistent.

I've also checked and this is the only use of the c word in 2427 posts on this forum, which is ironic indeed given that you were one the few cheerleaders for Helmuts' anti-insult regime at Acorn.

Are you testing your boundaries?

Interesting thread, I have a question, any ideas to launch a new dan.com alternative? could use one very soon :p

1) IPO 2029 with a 100bn Marketcap

Thought you already had a cap from the market.

My serious questions are...

There is a video going around where you state that you were attempting to gain a 5 year period of exclusivity for all expiring Nominet domains. In the same video you say that you were making an offer for DomainLore. So I guess my questions are:

1). How can you expect to be perceived positively within a community full of drop catchers, when you are open with your intention to destroy their businesses, which in some cases will be side businesses and in others potentially be a large part of their livelihoods and be keeping food in their kids bellies.

2). How much buying activity do you think there would be on DomainLore when there are no drop catchers. Seriously, did you think that one through? Firstly, a load of the fivers Denys gets are from people listing recently caught domains, and most importantly a huge chunk of the buyers will be people spending money they've generated from catching. You appear to want to essentially buy the heart of the dropcatching ecosystem, then cut off the blood supply.

Bonus question....

3). You strike me as an honest guy, perhaps too honest in fact considering the above. How did you rationalise forming a close relationship with, and accepting a platform from, a man who gave a platform (essentially the first person to do so) Adam Dicker, who is clearly an inherently dishonest person. The moment I saw that Helmuts gave Adam Dicker a platform I knew that he was somebody I wanted nothing to do with. I suspect some naivety on your part, but that does somewhat tarnish/damage your reputation in my eyes, by association. It feels a bit like Jordan Henderson ditching the rainbow laces to take a contract in Saudi Arabia.

Last edited:
  • Perfetto
Reactions: ben
I'm surprised anyone is taking this pie-in-the-sky claim seriously, it's patently preposterous. For a start if Nominet gave one member exclusivity for all expiring domains, the entire membership bar that one would be up in arms and a class action lawsuit would immediately ensue. It's obvious and Nominet know that, and they know they have to be seen to be fair to members and to act in the public interest, not just one member's interest. Secondly even if they were planning on doing something like this it's really obvious they would award the contract a large PLC or one of the giant registrars with the financial resources and infrastructure to handle it, they wouldn't give it to Ryan or anyone else in this forum! Be serious! And thirdly why would they even want to give away a major part of their monopoly? That would be stupid!

Claims like this just make a person look daft. You may as well claim you're in talks with Elon to acquire X. If you keep saying things like that no-one will believe a word you say.

I'm surprised anyone is taking this pie-in-the-sky claim seriously, it's patently preposterous. For a start if Nominet gave one member exclusivity for all expiring domains, the entire membership bar that one would be up in arms and a class action lawsuit would immediately ensue. It's obvious and Nominet know that, and they know they have to be seen to be fair to members and to act in the public interest, not just one member's interest. Secondly even if they were planning on doing something like this it's really obvious they would award the contract a large PLC or one of the giant registrars with the financial resources and infrastructure to handle it, they wouldn't give it to Ryan or anyone else in this forum! Be serious! And thirdly why would they even want to give away a major part of their monopoly? That would be stupid!

Claims like this just make a person look daft. You may as well claim you're in talks with Elon to acquire X. If you keep saying things like that no-one will believe a word you say.
🤣🤣🤣🤣

Someone had to say it

If the OP is genuinely Ryan Ewen, then don't you all think he's just trying to set the cat amongst the pigeons?

Until he brings value to you, stop giving him a platform either here on this forum, or even in your thoughts.

It's wasted energy.

I'd like to start seeing some genuine threads of interest related UK domains, affiliate marketing, design, digital marketing, copywriting tips, marketing ideas, useful WordPress plugins, productivity tools, automations, etc., and less about Ryan, Helmets, and the fallen acorn.

If the OP is genuinely Ryan Ewen, then don't you all think he's just trying to set the cat amongst the pigeons?

Until he brings value to you, stop giving him a platform either here on this forum, or even in your thoughts.

It's wasted energy.

I'd like to start seeing some genuine threads of interest related UK domains, affiliate marketing, design, digital marketing, copywriting tips, marketing ideas, useful WordPress plugins, productivity tools, automations, etc., and less about Ryan, Helmets, and the fallen acorn.
Agreed.

It's wasted energy.

Let’s draw a line in the sand right here.

a load of the fivers Denys gets are from people listing recently caught domains, and most importantly a huge chunk of the buyers will be people spending money they've generated from catching.
That's quite a misconception.

The majority of "Hidden Gems" auctions (which are subject to a listing fee) do not consist of recently caught domains.
and the majority of buyers have nothing to do with catching (let alone, relying on money "generated from catching").

The ecosystems are interconnected, but they are far from being vital for one not to function well without the other.

For a start if Nominet gave one member exclusivity for all expiring domains, the entire membership bar that one would be up in arms and a class action lawsuit would immediately ensue
This for me is the weirdest part, why would you say such a thing on a podcast where your likely key audience is the people who would instantly know you are talking BS? I don't understand it in the slightest why someone would try to do that.

Baffling

This for me is the weirdest part, why would you say such a thing on a podcast where your likely key audience is the people who would instantly know you are talking BS? I don't understand it in the slightest why someone would try to do that.

Baffling
As far as I know, you’ve never appeared on any podcast to date. In all the episodes of Helmets Meskonis' podcasts that I’ve watched, it didn’t seem like the guests—especially Ryan Ewen—prepared their comments beforehand. Everything they said appeared to be improvised.

As far as I know, you’ve never appeared on any podcast to date. In all the episodes of Helmets Meskonis' podcasts that I’ve watched, it didn’t seem like the guests—especially Ryan Ewen—prepared their comments beforehand. Everything they said appeared to be improvised.
Get to the point

Baffling
Yes it's weird, but check out this blog post. The explanation the author offers in the first paragraph is as good as any.

Ryan and Helmuts say and do such bizarre things that it's hardly surprising we've collectively devoted many thousands of keystrokes to discussing them. That's just human nature.

But as @seemly and others have said, I think this thread is done and dusted - at least until such time as Ryan posts again.

Last edited:
Worst AMA in history.

Invites questions, gives zero answers and calls somebody a cunt.

I hope you are okay Ryan (genuinely) as Helmuts hinted at mental health issues, and this thread doesn't do much to suggest otherwise.

I like Flip.uk by the way, its a nice looking site and seller backend easy to use. You build an equivalent for all extensions, probably be wearing quadruple gold if one of those takes off.

Worst AMA in history.

Invites questions, gives zero answers and calls somebody a cunt.

I hope you are okay Ryan (genuinely) as Helmuts hinted at mental health issues, and this thread doesn't do much to suggest otherwise.

I like Flip.uk by the way, it’s a nice looking site and seller backend easy to use. You build an equivalent for all extensions, probably be wearing quadruple gold if one of those takes off.
#BoughtNotBuilt

Back