The Skool Bus

I'm strongly opposed to deleting threads. That's the sort of thing Helmuts does, and he isn't exactly the gold standard in forum moderation.

However, I do think that both this thread (preferably with its original title reinstated @ben) and the "Ryan - AMA" thread, should be moved to the members only section, hidden from search engines. Hopefully that's a compromise we can all live with.
I think these types of threads should remain very public seeing as the individual that is the main topic of conversation is on a global stage where there are lots of good folks being forced-fed the (in my personal opinion) crap that this chap spouts with every opportunity. This forum will serve as a global reference point so everyone can see the idiot in his true form and make a more informed decision regarding whether or not to do business with him. He speaks very loud and very often and what he preaches needs to be publicly scrutinised so he can personally clarify any doubts. Really, everything we do is for his own good and for those who are easily duped if indeed this is the case. I am currently studying his latest podcast with Tatiana and have a couple of questions I feel I should ask regarding what he has stated from a legal standpoint. I hope he starts taking seriously the very valid points the respected members of this forum are making and the questions being asked. He chose to come here with a confrontational posture and shoot his mouth off in a very unprofessional manner. Let the world watch and learn.

If you're trying to charge people $380 a month for your 'expertise' then you need to expect a level of scrutiny to whether thats worth the money or not. All I've seen is bullshit and Walter Mitty nonsense. I'd written him off as a modern day Accelerator, a harmless dreamer.

It takes a bit of a sinister turn when he's trying to use this made up persona to charge people actual real £.

It’s a matter of public record that you were born in April 1980.

Your LinkedIn profile says you attended university 1996-1998. That would have mean you attended from the age of 16, pre A level. Did you attend and did you complete the degree or did you drop out?

Great work there.

This man is habitual liar, conman, serial grifter isn't he.

abc.JPG

abc 2.JPG

I wonder if Jeffrey Behrendt his business partner is aware of these constant fabrications, he seems to be rather distinguished lawyer, and one presumes has genuine academic achievements....

Capture.JPG

I think some posts need removing at this point. If it's entirely uncivil, it should go imho.

I dunno.

I think its in the public interest for people to know that they are potentially handing huge sums of money over to somebody who appears to embellish their academic history.

I dunno.

I think its in the public interest for people to know that they are potentially handing huge sums of money over to somebody who appears to embellish their academic history.
I'm talking about completely uncivil, eg just calling each other a 'c'...

Anyway, I'm not bothered. It's amusing to watch. I just think 4m is a good place to be, worth moderating, especially now that oldcorn is officially dead.

Reactions: ben
If you're trying to charge people $380 a month
At the moment he isn't actually doing that. The page still says "Free", and according to this post on Acorn, someone signed up yesterday without being charged.

So for the time being the $379/month statement is a bit like a sign in a shop window saying "hurry, sale ends soon".

That may change of course, but if anyone ever actually pays $379, then I have a bridge they might be interested in...

All very interesting, but what does it really mean?

What has he actually lied about that we know is true.

Someone collate this list so we can see truth and not just presumptions.

Great work there.

This man is habitual liar, conman, serial grifter isn't he.

View attachment 239

View attachment 240

I wonder if Jeffrey Behrendt his business partner is aware of these constant fabrications, he seems to be rather distinguished lawyer, and one presumes has genuine academic achievements....

View attachment 241
Wow, we should start a cringe thread for this guy - What a strange thing to lie about - his partners degrees seem legit, at least the order you'd need to achieve them, the JD acts as a conversion for his economics degree, which would then quality for him to take the LLM.

I thought someone like Ryan (future owner of GoDaddy) would at least be listed in his university alumni, especially as earned the degree before he grew any body hair: https://www.aber.ac.uk/en/development/alumniprofiles/#d

Also he was only there for two years? Very impressive, crammed 3-4 years of studying into just two years! One last thing, you'd have a BSc - and I think if you had the degree, you'd know to call it something like "Bachelor of Science in Mathematics".

This could all be settled if he agrees to take a degree level maths exam paper, to be completed live over zoom. If he manages to get most of it right we could each chip in £5 to a charity.

Last edited:
  • Haha
His partner, Jeff (@atlas) is a very good businessman in my experience, and an overall nice guy. He’s done nothing wrong, and if anything, his name should be respected and left out of this.

• 100%
Reactions: BG
Wow, we should start a cringe thread for this guy - What a strange thing to lie about - his partners degrees seem legit, at least the order you'd need to achieve them, the JD acts as a conversion for his economics degree, which would then quality for him to take the LLM.

I thought someone like Ryan (future owner of GoDaddy) would at least be listed in his university alumni, especially as earned the degree before he grew any body hair: https://www.aber.ac.uk/en/development/alumniprofiles/#d

Also he was only there for two years? Very impressive, crammed 3-4 years of studying into just two years! One last thing, you'd have a BSc - and I think if you had the degree, you'd know to call it something like "Bachelor of Science in Mathematics".
OP should have made it more clear - the picture he refers to with the law degrees belongs to Jeff, Ryan's partner. He questions Jeff's ability to see through someone's ability to delude.

Following up on my earlier post, the mental health issue - where sensitive, is not a 'free pass' for us to turn a blind eye to what damage to the integrity and tarring of the domain investing community RDCE is accruing with his actions, and to where there may be offences of criminality, and in the most recent episode of his *desperate pursuit of a ‘$100 billion market cap’.

*A multitude of poorly executed ‘money-grabs’ e.g. ‘Skool’ under a long disbanded brand name (Digitalcandy).

Addressing my most recent concern;-

https://smartbranding.com/the-power...ryan-ewen-strategic-investments-that-pay-off/

Listen, approx. - 8:25 - 9:05

‘There’s a bank and they rebranded last year and they had a CCTLD rather than a com, someone tried to sell it to the bank – the bank said no. They came to me and said, ‘Look Ryan, basically can you help’ and because I’ve a background in financial services and stuff, I can open doors, so what I did was I opened up the e-mail records and there was a flood of e-mails, sensitive e-mails – customer account (forms?), internal communication, and all I did was package it up and sent it to the CEO, the head of the legal team, and then they had no option but to pay for the domain because basically they should have done it already.’

What he describes, which I have very good reason to believe is factual, but regardless – it’s another platform where keen followers of his will tune in and believe this highly immoral and frankly, what I interpret as and would confidently put forward as criminal behaviour is an acceptable form of ‘business’.

because I’ve a background in financial services and stuff, I can open doors, so what I did was I opened up the e-mail records and there was a flood of e-mails, sensitive e-mails’

In the podcast, RDCE recounts the steps he made to secure the sale (to the bank who had previously said ‘no’) through his knowledge/ ‘background in financial services’ and ability to ‘open doors’; his statements on the podcast communicate to me, he premeditatively knew the value and/or vulnerability/leverage that opening these email records could/would eventually provide.

By my interpretation, his own statement demonstrates intent and awareness - RDCE wasn’t acting accidentally or naively (stumbling across the e-mails) but rather fully understood the implications of opening up the records, from access, every intention in handling the emails for the purpose of leverage in a negotiation over the bank who had previously stated ‘no’.

He professes to have built '500 websites', and has been in the 'financial services' industry for at least a minimum of 12 years, reasonably by his experience and the nature of the job he would be aware of the common pitfalls and 'horror stories', how to prevent/avoid them (and how to use them to his advantage if he had any intention to do so).

With that in mind,

what I did was I opened up the e-mail records and there was a flood of e-mails, sensitive e-mails – customer account (forms?), internal communication,’

It is my opinion, also considering the notion of intent, RDCE has been in breach of GDPR Articles 5,6,9.

‘Article 5(1) GDPR – Principles relating to processing of personal data

Personal data shall be:

(a) processed lawfully, fairly and in a transparent manner in relation to the data subject (‘lawfulness, fairness and transparency’);

(b) collected for specified, explicit and legitimate purposes and not further processed in a manner that is incompatible with those purposes; further processing for archiving purposes in the public interest, scientific or historical research purposes or statistical purposes shall, in accordance with Article 89(1), not be considered to be incompatible with the initial purposes (‘purpose limitation’);

(c) adequate, relevant and limited to what is necessary in relation to the purposes for which they are processed (‘data minimisation’);’

‘Article 6(1) GDPR – Lawfulness of processing

Processing shall be lawful only if and to the extent that at least one of the following applies:’

None of the following applies to RDCE’s processing of the data, he did not have consent to ‘package it up’ (by reasonable expectation is that RDCE should be competent and fully aware of his obligations under data handling with a ‘background in financial services’, finance company with his older brother since 2012).

Plausibly, with ‘a flood of e-mails, sensitive e-mails - customer account (forms?), internal communication,’ - I deduct a level of special category personal data was also contained within the e-mails.

Article 9 provides additional protection for special categories of personal data (often referred to as ‘sensitive data’), such as data concerning racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious beliefs, health, sexual orientation, etc. Processing this data is prohibited unless one of the exceptions under Article 9(2) applies, such as explicit consent, protection of vital interests, or legal claims.

Note: and whilst claims of accidental receipt of sensitive information might not immediately be illegal, once the recipient realises the data is sensitive and not intended for them, they have an obligation (furthermore, as a registered data handler himself and under the FCA’s Code of Conduct as with his ‘financial background’) to handle it appropriately, such as by notifying the rightful owner or securely deleting it which he does not say he does, instead and by his own admission RDCE - ‘all I did was package it up’, handling/processing data he did not own or have any right to and non-consensually packaged and distributed/presented the sensitive data in a specific manner - ‘and sent it to the CEO, the head of the legal team,’ (methodical), for its intended purpose: to sell the domain name to the bank.

What I interpret as cause for prosecution on criminal grounds,

Data Protection Act 2018 (DPA 2018)

RDCE:

I opened up the e-mail records’

and then they had no option but to pay for the domain’

all I did was package it up’

and sent it to the CEO, the head of the legal team,’

Section 170 of the Data Protection Act 2018 – Unlawful obtaining etc. of personal data

(1) It is an offence for a person knowingly or recklessly—

(a) to obtain or disclose personal data without the consent of the controller,

(b) to procure the disclosure of personal data to another person without the consent of the controller, or

(c) after obtaining personal data, to retain it without the consent of the person who was the controller in relation to the personal data when it was obtained.

Note, if RDCE used the sensitive data obtained (I opened up the e-mail records’) to coerce the bank into purchasing the ‘com’ in question it would qualify as blackmail under UK law/jurisdiction.

Section 21, Theft Act 1968 defines blackmail as making an unwarranted demand with *menaces. Whereas, RDCE by his own admission (allegedly) sent the information to the CEO and legal team (without prior instruction), ‘then they had no option but to pay for the domain,’ - language, demeanour and actions highly suggestive of blackmail. Please see also below, Fraud Act 2006 as this is also misleading (false representation) that they had ‘no option’.

Theft Act 1968, Section 21 - Blackmail.

(1)A person is guilty of blackmail if, with a view to gain for himself or another or with intent to cause loss to another, he makes any unwarranted demand with *menaces; and for this purpose, a demand with *menaces is unwarranted unless the person making it does so in the belief—

(a)that he has reasonable grounds for making the demand; and

(b)that the use of the menaces is a proper means of reinforcing the demand.

*The definition of ‘menaces’ from a legal perspective; would the threat influence or coerce a reasonable person of normal stability and courage to give in to the demand?

(Note: Bank previously said ‘no’)

no option but to pay for the domain,’

Qualifying as a ‘menace’ if it also takes advantage of the particular vulnerabilities of the person (entity). For instance, threat/implied threat of exposure of sensitive personal or financial information can constitute ‘menaces’ because of the reputational or economic damage they could cause (like the reputational and potentially financial harm to the bank in this scenario).

With a ‘background in financial services’, claiming to have run a finance company with his brother since 2012 (approximately 12 years), reasonably he would have been fully au fait with the gravity – note he did not send only to the CEO but also (by my deduction) methodically to ‘the head of the legal team’.

RDCE by his own admission on the podcast with Tatiana, from the unidentified person approaching him for ‘help’ after the bank said ‘no’, intentionally (in my opinion) leveraged through his prior knowledge via ‘background in financial services’ using the sensitive information to coerce the bank into buying the domain, this would likely constitute extortion through blackmail.

I’d also be looking at the unauthorised access under the Computer Misuse Act 1990 & unlawful interception under Regulation of Investigatory Powers Act 2000 (RIPA). Part 1.

Fraud Act 2006, Section 2 & 4

By his own admission he has established intention, plus taking into account RDCE’s proven track-record/propensity for misleading actions for personal financial gain;-

Section 2, Fraud by false representation

(1)A person is in breach of this section if he—

(a)dishonestly makes a false representation, and

(b)intends, by making the representation—

(i)to make a gain for himself or another, or

(ii)to cause loss to another or to expose another to a risk of loss.

It is of my opinion, RDCE set to deliberately mislead the bank into thinking they needed (had ‘no option but’) to purchase the domain to protect their sensitive data, this would be classified as fraud.

Section 4, Fraud by abuse of position

I’ve a background in financial services and stuff, I can open doors’

sent it to the CEO, the head of the legal team’

(1)A person is in breach of this section if he—

(a)occupies a position in which he is expected to safeguard, or not to act against, the financial interests of another person,

(b)dishonestly abuses that position, and

(c)intends, by means of the abuse of that position—

(i)to make a gain for himself or another, or

(ii)to cause loss to another or to expose another to a risk of loss.

(2)A person may be regarded as having abused his position even though his conduct consisted of an omission rather than an act.

In conclusion, and it is of my opinion, deduced from RDCE’s own statements in the podcast with Tatiana - it suggests RDCE had clear awareness of his actions and their consequences. He leveraged his technical knowledge/experience, quote ‘background in financial services and stuff, I can open doors’ to access sensitive data, knowingly used this information to pressure the bank into purchasing a domain ‘sent it to the CEO, the head of the legal team’, and demonstrated with intent to exploit the situation for financial gain.

These actions likely amount to serious violations under GDPR, the Data Protection Act 2018, the Theft Act 1968 (blackmail), and the Fraud Act 2006, with possible breaches of the Computer Misuse Act and RIPA as well.

At the moment he isn't actually doing that. The page still says "Free", and according to this post on Acorn, someone signed up yesterday without being charged.

So for the time being the $379/month statement is a bit like a sign in a shop window saying "hurry, sale ends soon".

That may change of course, but if anyone ever actually pays $379, then I have a bridge they might be interested in...
Okay not doing it yet but clearly about to, theres only a couple of free spaces left then charging. How about this one then, doesn't this deserve some level of scrutiny on whether this is value for money, or not.

Ryan himself has shown zero to make this a good proposition for the buyer - just the usual talking himself up with zero substance behind it.

If you want to charge $5000 a day then you have to accept there is going to be some serious questions asked. And right now he has no answers at all.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-10-14 at 15.18.44.png
    Screenshot 2024-10-14 at 15.18.44.png
    2.2 MB · Views: 20
His partner, Jeff (@atlas) is a very good businessman in my experience, and an overall nice guy. He’s done nothing wrong, and if anything, his name should be respected and left out of this.
I never said otherwise.

In fact that is exactly what I was saying, that he seems credible and serious, and that I suspect if he knew there were so many red flags and question marks about Ryan Ewan he might not have entered into business with him.

• Cheers
If you detailed us to what extent you have reliable knowledge of the person being a ‘very good businessman’, other than him having bought and/or sold some domain names directly with you or with those you know closely, it might help people decide how much weight to add to your statement. Otherwise it’s a very good example of yet another unqualified statement being made by someone on a forum.

I don't need to detail anything. You are capable of doing your own research and forming your own opinion. But as I said:
in my experience
I'm not interested in how much weight some random username adds to my comment, I merely asked people to put respect to someones name when they have no reason not to. It's called common courtesy, or internet etiquette.

If you detailed us to what extent you have reliable knowledge of the person being a ‘very good businessman’, other than him having bought and/or sold some domain names directly with you or with those you know closely, it might help people decide how much weight to add to your statement. Otherwise it’s a very good example of yet another unqualified statement being made by someone on a forum.
Hey Mr T! I hope all is well.. I can certainly vouch for Jeff. I've known him for over 20+ years, and he's one of the most trustworthy people I've had the pleasure of doing business with and speaking to regularly. It's not just because of his background as a family lawyer and being a large domain portfolio holder, but also because of the way he conducts himself both online and offline. He's one of the genuine ones out there.. just like you, David, and Mo!

I don't need to detail anything. You are capable of doing your own research and forming your own opinion. But as I said:
You only need to if you hope that what you've said will be viewed as credible by other people reading it, because the contrary is that anyone can claim anything they like and not substitute it. If people questioned what some wrote about others when it isn't substantiated there might be far less nonsense written.

Back