The .uk domains spotted in the wild thread

Marek, Google do not have such a thing as a "national brand" algorithm whatever that is.

Correct, but they do understand people UK wide are looking for this toothpaste, where nobody outside of 20 miles away from that chick are going to be looking for her are they? Again if you don't understand brand signals etc, you're beat here before you begin.

Correct, but they do understand people UK wide are looking for this toothpaste, where nobody outside of 20 miles away from that chick are going to be looking for her are they? Again if you don't understand brand signals etc, you're beat here before you begin.
It's clear to me you're nothing more than a troll, more fool me for even responding to you. I'm done with this discussion.

Blessed are those who can hold lively conversations with the helplessly mute, for they shall be called dentists.

• Haha
Reactions: ben
Let's get this thread back on track - it's a thread to spotlight .uk domains that have been developed and are active websites. We sold cybercover.uk last year and smart looking website up and running. Buyer acquired the .co.uk too (not from us) and that is now pointed to the .uk

Let's get this thread back on track - it's a thread to spotlight .uk domains that have been developed and are active websites. We sold cybercover.uk last year and smart looking website up and running. Buyer acquired the .co.uk too (not from us) and that is now pointed to the .uk
Nice one Nigel, congratulations.

I've had many for some of the domains where I have the .co.uk and others registered the .UK, I've seen various emails around HR, solicitors and even one scenario where their own accountants emailed tax queries with attached documents.
Interesting. If a .co.uk is for sale and it receives a wrongly-addressed email intended for the .uk, then just forwarding that email to the intended recipient might be enough to pique their interest in buying it. Provided you didn't try to sell the .co.uk in the forwarded email, your good deed could hardly be held against you in a DRS.

Did you try this, or weren't you looking to sell the .co.uks?

Yes, it has been somewhat derailed, but still an excellent debate that wouldn't be allowed in the park these days.

Posts from #63 onwards should really be moved to a separate thread titled ".uk vs .co.uk" or some such.

Interesting. If a .co.uk is for sale and it receives a wrongly-addressed email intended for the .uk, then just forwarding that email to the intended recipient might be enough to pique their interest in buying it. Provided you didn't try to sell the .co.uk in the forwarded email, your good deed could hardly be held against you in a DRS.

Did you try this, or weren't you looking to sell the .co.uks?
Used by myself, they've been trying to buy the .co.uk from me before they originally launched.

It's clear to me you're nothing more than a troll, more fool me for even responding to you. I'm done with this discussion.
I'm not trolling, my brains just bursting full of too much seo info compared to you guys, it gets a little frustrating at times. It's like watching Bambi on ice seeing seo discussions in here. Anyway I've just added his client a nice little link to make up for any hurt feelings , no im not trolling ive pm'd him the url and its live now. We'll never agree on his domain choice thats for sure 😆 but good luck with it all.

edit - just checked I remembered to go with .uk rather than automatically type .co.uk , its definitely correct

Last edited:
Back on topic , heres a list of all the .uk's I've spotted in the wild today:

Risk Factors Still Matter for Patients With Zero CAC Score MESA.jpg

I'm not trolling, my brains just bursting full of too much seo info compared to you guys, it gets a little frustrating at times. It's like watching Bambi on ice seeing seo discussions in here. Anyway I've just added his client a nice little link to make up for any hurt feelings , no im not trolling ive pm'd him the url and its live now. We'll never agree on his domain choice thats for sure 😆 but good luck with it all.

edit - just checked I remembered to go with .uk rather than automatically type .co.uk , its definitely correct

No hard feelings and thanks for the link.

I only posted it as an example of a .uk domain being put to use as per the thread subject, I didn't expect it to spark a debate but maybe it it wasn't a bad thing in the end and we've all walked away from it unscathed. However yes I definitely agree lets get the thread back on track!

Royal was a strange one, it was one of those that predated the 2014 release

Reactions: Lee
Back