*cornDomains Forum Attracts New Talent

• Thread starter Thread starter dn
  • Start date Start date
Still not received my data request. I logged in shortly after making my post to find my account disabled, I can still login now, but it says, "Your account has been disabled". I just want it to be deleted, and my information to be in a zip file in my emails. Shouldn't be so difficult.
I think you're "Ben Thomas" on Acorn aren't you?

Just to be clear, I was referring to Acorn member "bens", and his account deletion request here:

https://www.acorndomains.co.uk/threads/paid-posts-deep-joshi.182017/#post-674183

Maybe he's seen the success in destroying oldcorn that he wants to work out how to destroy other forums as well.

Maybe he just doesn't like forums.

Maybe he's seen the success in destroying oldcorn that he wants to work out how to destroy other forums as well.

deadcorn

Petition to create a small piece of code to change any mention of asscorn to something random in front of corn

Not according to the very first line of this post from April:

https://www.dnforum.com/threads/need-suggestion-for-bangladeshi-forum-website.611271/#post-2379270

When you've finished laughing at his proud boast that he has "a bunch of dead forums" it's worth reading on because half way through he hits the nail on the head with this observation:

"The main obstable starting a forum > you need a community and the community must have a number of benefits why they are there.
Benefits at being at DNForum:
[Points 1-5 skipped]
6) For businesses: to monitor what real users (mostly: pros) are thinking of their brand and impacting thoughts..."

So what happened between April and June that made him do a complete U-turn on these issues and decide that he doesn't really need a community after all, and those few who remain can't say anything negative about businesses or brands, even if it's true?

In other words, what changed the relatively sensible person who wrote this post into a nutter who thinks it's a good idea to pay some Indian to ask him whether he's a good dancer or whether he prefers mustard to tomato sauce?

Some sort of head injury perhaps?

In other words, what changed the relatively sensible person who wrote this post into a nutter who thinks it's a good idea to pay some Indian to ask him whether he's a good dancer or whether he prefers mustard to tomato sauce?

redvid_1723399947-ezgif.com-optimize.gif

@GreyWing @Cav @ben - I'm glad I've amused you, but it was unintentional. I'm genuinely interested in what triggered the U-turn that has caused so much damage to his own forum and reduced him to paying pennies for junk posts, then trying to pass it off as some sort of training course.

@paullas - I see you're still a "Super Moderator" (whatever that means) over there, so can you shed any light?

I dont get involved in any posts or discussions these days as i am way too busy with my own stuff, all i do is remove spammers and thats it. I also do not have discussions with anyone about how the forum is run and what goes on sorry.

As for Super Moderator, i dont know what that means either :)

• Haha
Reactions: ben
@GreyWing @Cav @ben - I'm glad I've amused you, but it was unintentional. I'm genuinely interested in what triggered the U-turn that has caused so much damage to his own forum and reduced him to paying pennies for junk posts, then trying to pass it off as some sort of training course.
I'm of the opinion he is keeping poor company, is not receiving well-rounded or experienced advice, and is incapable of generating a list of potential future scenarios that could happen based on any decision making that needs to be taken.

He seems to take advice from those who stand to potentially benefit from the decisions he implements, rather than receiving advice he needs to succeed.

He comes across as incredibly naive, and completely out of his depth.

None of this is meant to be offensive. This is just based on my own observations, based on how he has handled certain scenarios, actions he has followed, plans he has implemented, and constructive criticism he has seemingly refused to acknowledge.

Edit: He is also incredibly erratic, his decision making is incredibly inconsistent, and shows a complete lack of decisiveness. Not ideal when you're so invested in so many projects at the same time, and need them all to come to fruition for things to work out.

Last edited:
I remember he replied to someone's request to find someone by sifting through the oldcorn dB. He couldn't find them.

I don't remember agreeing to that as a form of data processing. "We'll tell, by way of their private data, anyone who wants to know who you are on this forum if they ask publicly..."

This is the behaviour of a man that said on a live stream that if you're a member of dnforum then you basically deserve to get sent emails whether you want them or not. I was quite flabbergasted.

Last edited:
This is the behaviour of a man that said on a live stream that if you're a member of acorn then you basically deserve to get sent emails whether you want them or not. I was quite flabbergasted.
I never watched more than maybe 2-3 minutes of one of his live streams, as they were just awful.

Did he really say that?!

Yup, and to prove the point (yet again) he's just revealed that it's Kieren McCarthy's birthday today.
... kizza aint been on there for 4+ months either

I never watched more than maybe 2-3 minutes of one of his live streams, as they were just awful.

Did he really say that?!
@ 6:57

Dnforum even if you're opted in or opted out you should get them even if there are people that will be upset by it, because it's in your best interests to go to his domain conference.

Similar applies with acorn (you must have emails from them) given this post cause you're a part of something grown up and you understand that sending emails is a core operation.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: ben

@paullas - I see you're still a "Super Moderator" (whatever that means) over there, so can you shed any light?
I don't think it was your points mate, I think they are spot on.

For me it's just your bluntness on how honest you are with them, the no punches held honesty is what I found funny.

Dnforum even if you're opted in or opted out you should get them even if there are people that will be upset by it, because it's in your best interests to go to his domain conference.
How is that even legal? Is he trying to get fined?

If the reference to several hundred thousand emails being sent to forum members includes Acorn / DNForum, there was some data out there that showed about 40% of Acorn was spam and over 420,000 'people' on DnForum (out of 460k) were binned for being junk as well.

Active real people was about 900 on Acorn.

If the reference to several hundred thousand emails being sent to forum members includes Acorn / DNForum, there was some data out there that showed about 40% of Acorn was spam and over 420,000 'people' on DnForum (out of 460k) were binned for being junk as well.

Active real people was about 900 on Acorn.
I think that's the real punishment for this. The ICO etc are pretty useless, but having your site listed on the spam register is pretty tough and it looks like in this case it will be now.

Back