*cornDomains Forum Attracts New Talent

• Thread starter Thread starter dn
  • Start date Start date
More quality posts on the Grade A b2b forum…..

They are simply people who thought it would be worth going to the event, and the many domain industry people who could not find a good reason to justify going naturally chose not to.
But who are those people who thought it would be worth going to the event? Gamekeeper industry bods or poacher domainers like us?

Every industry requires providers and customers to function. Domain industry people are the providers and domainers are the customers. Ac*rn was hijacked from the customers by the providers organising, promoting and attending Summit.

I'm ambivalent about Summit because it offers thin gruel for domainers. All power to any tramps who want to get into domaining, but they should fuck off the free hotel bar and get down to the pub where the regulars will buy them a drink.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cav
But who are those people who thought it would be worth going to the event? Industry bods or domainers like us?

Every industry requires providers and customers to function. Domain industry people are the providers and domainers are the customers. Ac*rn was hijacked from the customers by the providers organising and attending Summit.

I'm ambivalent about Summit because it offers thin gruel for domainers. All power to any tramps who want to get into domaining, but Summit isn't the place to do it.
It seems like it could be providers with other providers, maybe slapping each other on the back, then possibly realising there are no customers here before concluding: waste of time. I’m sure popCorn domains will tell us how it went in reality.

I see some old geezer in a ratting cap wandered in… must have got tangled up with the dignitaries during the beautiful park walk.

• Haha
Reactions: ben

They actually look very similar, so could this be Ryan's brother I wonder?

Perhaps thanks to us, poor Helmuts looks at least a decade older than his 48 years. And what's this "JR" he has plastered all over his cardigan in the it.com party pictures? Is it some fancy fashion brand, or is he trying to style himself as JR Ewing? Come to think of it, that would make a lot of sense.

And in the spirit of the "Where's Wally?" books, where's Deep Joshi? Only 1400 pictures to go through...

They actually look very similar, so could this be Ryan's brother I wonder?

Yeah looks to be. There's another one to find too (think Manuel Faulty Towers).

Deep Joshi has competition from Deep Jesse...

Who joins a domain forum in a different country to post this?!

1724852475697.png

View attachment 162
😂😂😂😂😂

Getting ridiculous now.

Helmuts advancing SEO in any direction, even men’s clothing.

“Any SEO is good SEO, right? Right?!?!” - Helmuts (probably)

View attachment 162
With the latest reply from a user that hadn't posted since August 2017, this feels like one of:
  • A poor attempt at link building from a legacy user.
  • The old user account has been "hacked".
  • A poor attempt at reusing/recycling legacy accounts to try and drive discussion.
Screenshot 2024-08-28 at 16.08.51.png

I've done business with golddiggerguy (Andy) before on AD. This is definitely him, I can see he is running that clothing business now. He's just taking advantage of the spammer's clothing related spam as an opportunity to advertise his business.

Last edited:
I've done business with golddiggerguy (Andy) before on AD. This is definitely him, I can see he is running that clothing business now. He's just using the clothing related spam to advertise his business.
Hah! Looks like I was wrong, then!

Though I'm not sure it's any better! 😂

Despite his attempt to brazen it out with the "training" nonsense, the Deep Joshi fiasco was so humiliating for Helmuts that I very much doubt this latest thread has anything to do with him.

Not even he would be that stupid.

The thread over there is surreal, not just with the paid poster being outed and then defended, but the new owner now outright lying.
Man has such a predilection for systems and abstract deductions that he is ready to distort the truth intentionally. He is ready to deny the evidence of his senses only to justify his logic.

Man has such a predilection for systems and abstract deductions that he is ready to distort the truth intentionally. He is ready to deny the evidence of his senses only to justify his logic.
He's been taking lessons from Kier Stalin.

Been a long time since I posted on Acorn, I was actually banned by Mr. Napier after getting drunk and calling him the c word I believe, I was never a frequent poster, although I thought the lifetime ban could have been a 60 day one for first offence I feel!

I've been watching events with interest (on here, Greywings blog, and Acorn).

On one hand I feel a bit sorry for Helmuts, he doesn't seem like a bad person, but he's approached Acorn with completely the wrong head on. Its like he has approached it as an extension of Host Maria, he's sanitised it like its the help forum for a hosting product, rather than a community of people who in many cases know each other, or have least transacted with each other, numerous times over many years, even decades. Language barrier / inability to fully interpret and comprehend the intricacies of the British psyche likely another.

British people can have a ding dong one day and then be best mates again the next, and male friendship groups usually involve people being absolutely brutal and very honest with each other.

That said, I say he "doesn't seem like a bad person", but he's elected to give a platform to Adam Dicker, and I'm sure there's some common saying about being judged by the company you keep (alas, it escapes me at the moment). I don't want to risk receiving my second legal letter from Adam Dicker, to go with the one I received in 2016 (I laughed hard at that, it was a load of guff), but lets just say that that most decent people in domaining wouldn't have given him that platform... and that does make me question the ethics of Helmuts also.

Ryan Ewan would be best served to disassociate from Helmuts for as long as he is fraternising with Mr. Dicker.

he's sanitised it like its the help forum for a hosting product, rather than a community
Language barrier / inability to fully interpret and comprehend the intricacies of the British psyche likely another.

I think the two quotes above are a good summary of the situation, something Helmuts himself now seems to accept with his mea culpa thread.

but he's elected to give a platform to Adam Dicker

Please explain. Is Dicker posting under a pseudonym on either Acorn or DNForum?

Please explain. Is Dicker posting under a pseudonym on either Acorn or DNForum?
Adam Dicker does a lot of those portfolio review type videos on the HostMaria YouTube channel.

Or at least he has in recent history. Helmuts was essentially the first person to give Adam Dicker a regular platform again after the events that I don't want to discuss because I don't want to have to pay a lawyer to tell his lawyer to fuck off... again :ROFLMAO:

Back